Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Would you consider buying a GTO in the future??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Callaway GTO said:
I looked at 3 today, after dropping my DD off for its first repair (at 99994 miles :eek: )

There may be something new in my future, not sure...

·
Registered
14 Posts
GM confirmed it just today.

"The 2005 GTO features the new 400-horsepower LS2 V-8, available hood scoops and a split dual exhaust system."

Taken directly from media.gm.com official press release "GM's 2005 Lineup Reflects Focus On Delivering Best-In-Class Products"

I'll wait for that. It won't have the immediate aftermarket that the 04s enjoy, but the Corvette enthusiasts will push the aftermarket to step up. Oh, the potential for great things...

·
Registered
18 Posts
m1das said:
GM confirmed it just today.

"The 2005 GTO features the new 400-horsepower LS2 V-8, available hood scoops and a split dual exhaust system."

Taken directly from media.gm.com official press release "GM's 2005 Lineup Reflects Focus On Delivering Best-In-Class Products"

I'll wait for that. It won't have the immediate aftermarket that the 04s enjoy, but the Corvette enthusiasts will push the aftermarket to step up. Oh, the potential for great things...
I want one, but will wait on a used one as it needs to be a daily driver. The LS2 will help that effort along as 2004's will be more affordable then...

·
Registered
1 Posts
close, but no cigar

I want a 4-door, rear-drive, manual transmission car that's fun to drive and has some oomph. Head room and leg room are VERY important. The GTO is close, just not close enough.

·
Registered
95 Posts
skyking said:
I want a 4-door, rear-drive, manual transmission car that's fun to drive and has some oomph. Head room and leg room are VERY important. The GTO is close, just not close enough.
Being a 2 door I guess it could never be the right car for you. I would look at the CTS-V You don't really have a lot of options with those needs. (Which are similar to things I crave in a car as well.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have been looking for a car as a daily driver for some time now. The GTO is probably near the top, if not at the top, of my list right now. I had to opportunity to take a look at a couple (an auto and a 6-speed) on Monday. Both were quite impressive to drive, however I would probably end up with the auto only to keep the wife happy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
...I could live with one - but would need more power :eek:

Having driven a new (03) Callaway Corvette with the "Power Groups" similar to what is offered for the GTO, I can honestly say I was impressed :cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts