Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok are there any Goats out here From Northern IL- South Suburbs of Chicago.
Central IL??

My Name is John ( GTOLORD / Vistalord)

2005 GTO
Phantom Black

Patriot Stage 3 Heads,Comp Cam 232/234, .595"/.598, Kooks LT headers1 3/4"x 3", Yank 3200 Stall, Lingenfelter CAI, 57lb Injectors, Stage 2 Manifold and TB Porting, B&M Trans cooler, Drag Bags,

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Where is that from Joliet and Kankakee? What suburbs are around you? I'm from just south of Kankakee, little town called Watseka in Iroquois county, about 25 minutes south of Kankakee. It takes about an hour to get to Lincoln Mall in Matteson, and about 2 hours, maybe a little less, to get to Wrigley Field depending on traffic. I've been in Alabama 6 years now, but come home to visit every chance I get.

We've got real similar setups. What kind of power did you make to the wheels on your dyno tune? I made 455 rwhp and 415 trq with Texas Speed CNC ported LS3 heads with hollow stem valves/titanium retainers, a custom ground Comp cam 228/232, .595 lift, 114+2 LSA, FAST LSXR 102mm LS3 intake manifold, Kooks Signature Series LT's 1 3/4 stepped to 1 7/8 with Kooks catted mids, Borla catback, FAST 46 lbs. injectors fuel rails and rail crossover, TCI Breakaway 2500 stall, Summit Racing SFI harmonic balancer, Grannatelli MAF, & K&N CAI. The only negative I have to say about the whole setup is the fuel economy. I lost 4 mpg going from 18 avg. to 14 avg. Luckily I only live 13 miles from work and take turns driving with my wife in her Z71 so it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where is that from Joliet and Kankakee? What suburbs are around you? I'm from just south of Kankakee, little town called Watseka in Iroquois county, about 25 minutes south of Kankakee. It takes about an hour to get to Lincoln Mall in Matteson, and about 2 hours, maybe a little less, to get to Wrigley Field depending on traffic. I've been in Alabama 6 years now, but come home to visit every chance I get.

We've got real similar setups. What kind of power did you make to the wheels on your dyno tune? I made 455 rwhp and 415 trq with Texas Speed CNC ported LS3 heads with hollow stem valves/titanium retainers, a custom ground Comp cam 228/232, .595 lift, 114+2 LSA, FAST LSXR 102mm LS3 intake manifold, Kooks Signature Series LT's 1 3/4 stepped to 1 7/8 with Kooks catted mids, Borla catback, FAST 46 lbs. injectors fuel rails and rail crossover, TCI Breakaway 2500 stall, Summit Racing SFI harmonic balancer, Grannatelli MAF, & K&N CAI. The only negative I have to say about the whole setup is the fuel economy. I lost 4 mpg going from 18 avg. to 14 avg. Luckily I only live 13 miles from work and take turns driving with my wife in her Z71 so it's not a big deal.
Actually everytime I go to get my Car on the dyno something happends. Tonight I am bring it in but now the Maf is acting up like nuts. And I dont hear my Fuel pump. lol Hey did the MAF make a difference? Oh I am about 35 min north of Lincoln Mall

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I like the MAF, but depends on who you talk to. Some people think it's a waste of money. At $299, I'd like to think that it's at least doing SOMETHING... I asked my tuner about the Grannatelli and he said for milder applications you wouldn't see much of a difference. I guess it just depends on how far you plan on modding your car.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm from central Illinois, Around the Decatur area, I know there is alot of GTO's around this area, atleast 6-7 at the local track, Not sure how many are members on this site, They seem to be over on the other site LS2gto.com.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Orland Park! 05 IBM

·
Registered
331 Posts
i was wondering if we are requiered to pass the emission test on the GTO every 2 years?

i just purchased the car and found a paper in the car that was tested by the state in 09 and it states next test is in 2011... reason i'm asking is because we do not have the emission test on the vehicles. so what;s this? any idea

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
...the emissions test is when you get the notice so don't worry when it was tested last...it might be 2 years from when you buy it (and register it) but if you don't do the emissions test in your part of the state...you won't have to now...

very fair system for the emissions test, isn't it???...older cars that might pollute more are exempt and most the state is exempt...but newer cars that ALL seem to run clean need to be checked every two years...go figure...:willy:

enjoy your new ride...

Bill

·
Registered
331 Posts
thanks for a quick response...i hope i wont have to do it, just waste of money...and yeah i love this car so much even though i have not driven it much yet....

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have been away from St Louis area in Illinois(Madison county) for 4 years on plating a car there. I still go back there a lot and rent out are home there.
Any one live there know the laws on emission there. I thought they followed Cook county rules. Is there a cut off for year and no more testing after that year? When I was there it was no test for diesel, historic plates and I think 1974 and before. Has that changed?

It use to be only Madison, St. Clair, and Cook Counties had emissions test in Illinois.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Plainfield, IL....

06 6Speed... Waiting for the salt and snow to get off the streets. GTO is on the lift in the Garage waiting for spring

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mundelein Il here. About 20 Miles north of Chicago.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts