Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm looking for the following...

'68-69 Pontiac Rally II 14 x 6 in wheel in very good shape with a JA code stamped on the rim near the valve hole. I don't need a center cap or trim ring, just the wheel.

The wheel should look "similar" to the sample picture in similar condition.

I only care about the condition not the color. Some light surface rust (with no pitting) would be acceptable.

Rear taillight trim (both sides). Mounts to underside of fender over taillights. I am missing mine as you can see in the picture below.

'68-69 hood scoops. These need to be in pretty good shape, no pits, no corrosion. color doesn't matter.

Please contact me with what you have and we'll make a deal. Feel free to email if you prefer - [email protected] (send any pics here as well).

Thanks for looking.

Dan

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks to 68BasketCase I have another very nice JA wheel!

Thanks Gary!

AND I have a deal pending delivery on the other parts. Hopefully this will be wrapped up in a couple weeks.

Dan

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi all,

If anyone is looking I found a matched set of JB coded wheels in pretty good shape near me here in Ohio... It looks like they are from a 68 Firebird with 5 inch bolt pattern.

At present the wheels have tires mounted.

Owner is/was asking $300.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
scoops

I have them they are originals from what I can see... they wont fit right if you are mounting them in a Chinese hood

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi all,

Looking for a few small parts for a 69 GTO...

AM/FM radio (black buttons etc) for this hole. It doesn't have to work but does have to look nice I.E. clear glass, readable numbers, buttons look good and work etc...

View attachment 98266

(2) UPPER Fender bolt and shim(s), see pic. Nice hex head and threads, obviously. :) If you can't see pic and use Google Chrome browser install their fix for Photobucket third party hosting block. Or PM or email me for a pic.

View attachment 98274

Bucket seat mounting bolts - prefer no rust, with integrated washer.

View attachment 98258

Thanks for looking... Email [email protected] or PM here if you can help me out. :laugh2:

Dan

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BUMP, still looking...

Hi all,

Looking for a few small parts for a 69 GTO...

AM/FM radio (black buttons etc) for this hole. It doesn't have to work but does have to look nice I.E. clear glass, readable numbers, buttons look good and work etc...

View attachment 98266

(2) UPPER Fender bolt and shim(s), see pic. Nice hex head and threads, obviously. :) If you can't see pic and use Google Chrome browser install their fix for Photobucket third party hosting block. Or PM or email me for a pic.

View attachment 98274

Bucket seat mounting bolts - prefer no rust, with integrated washer.

View attachment 98258

Thanks for looking... Email [email protected] or PM here if you can help me out. :laugh2:

Dan

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do to recent events (wheel come off car while driving) I need another JA wheel, or two if you got um. Just as in the first post here I'm looking for some wheels in very nice shape - no pitting etc. Shipping is setup, just box and drop off at UPS store. Send me pics of what you have - [email protected].

'68-69 Pontiac Rally II 14 x 6 in wheel in very good shape with a JA code stamped on the rim near the valve hole. I don't need a center cap or trim ring, just the wheel.

Thanks in advance, Dan

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, I forgot to mention I was testing/breaking-in the new water pump you did for me. Works great, thanks again!

Body is good, car and mine. :)

I'd prefer late '68 or early '69 but I'll consider anything close.

Regret reading of your problem, hope no body damage was in incurred. What date range of JA wheel is needed, or does that matter?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Dan glad to hear the rebuilt "351" casting pump is in service. About to do another round of original pump rebuilds if anyone needs one or needs their original pump rebuilt.

On JA's will ck what singles I have. Know I have a pair of 2/24/69 but have a lead on a few more & would like to put a set together that date. The pic you put up of a JA wheel is actually of a '67 or '68 (through early June of '68 usage) JA coded rally II. Those were what we call "Big Font" JA wheels. Beginning in late May of '68, MotorWheel, the supplier, began stamping the external area on LH side of the valve stem with its Manufacturer plant, year, and month, then the day produced was stamped to rh of the valve stem. The externally dated style JA wheels are often referred to as "small letter" JA's, as the font of the lettering is different. Will ck the wheel stacks this evening I'm getting "honeydo'ed" today out back in the yard :laugh2:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for looking through your wheels, I don't need a dated pair. As you noted I don't have all the same date codes now. Guys I found who had a matched date set wanted CRAZY money for them and I don't have a show car so I decided to put the $ in the engine. Since I lost a JA wheel the other day (the stud holes got augured out) I need two, one to replace the damaged wheel from earlier this week and one to replace the JC coded wheel I have in-use which is not a disk brake wheel. I am using my spare JA wheel to replace the damaged one...

I'm also willing to trade the JC wheel if that helps (I'll have to look at what the code is, I don't recall). It's already blasted and painted.

After I recover from pneumonia I'll be getting back to my own list. :)

Thanks again, Dan

Dan glad to hear the rebuilt "351" casting pump is in service. About to do another round of original pump rebuilds if anyone needs one or needs their original pump rebuilt.

On JA's will ck what singles I have. Know I have a pair of 2/24/69 but have a lead on a few more & would like to put a set together that date. The pic you put up of a JA wheel is actually of a '67 or '68 (through early June of '68 usage) JA coded rally II. Those were what we call "Big Font" JA wheels. Beginning in late May of '68, MotorWheel, the supplier, began stamping the external area on LH side of the valve stem with its Manufacturer plant, year, and month, then the day produced was stamped to rh of the valve stem. The externally dated style JA wheels are often referred to as "small letter" JA's, as the font of the lettering is different. Will ck the wheel stacks this evening I'm getting "honeydo'ed" today out back in the yard :laugh2:

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Glad you weren't hurt, that must have been terrifying - and bummer about pneumonia! I hope we can meet this summer.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts