Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new owner of a black on black 2006 GTO with 18" wheels!!! :party: I want to thank everyone for their advice. I purchased the GTO this past Friday and needless to say, I haven't had much time to get on this forum.;) Everyone is impressed by the car. I don't know how many people told me this weekend "wow, THIS is the GTO? I've never even seen this car."

Quick story, I had just left the dealership when 10 minutes later, Chicago's finest pulls me over. The officer tells me I failed to yield at a green (the arrow was yellow:mad:) and I told him I was not used to the car and didn't want to brake hard--he laughed and said, "yea, this looks like a brand new car--enjoy it." CPD endorsing a little speeding? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Yalie GTO said:
new owner of a black on black 2006 GTO with 18" wheels!!! :party: I want to thank everyone for their advice. I purchased the GTO this past Friday and needless to say, I haven't had much time to get on this forum.;) Everyone is impressed by the car. I don't know how many people told me this weekend "wow, THIS is the GTO? I've never even seen this car."

:agree Just got it Friday night? Have you slept yet? ;) Mine is 10 days old and I am just really getting used to it.

I was in Discovery bay on Saturday and saw (MY FIRST OTHER) GTO Yellow, it looked sweet, 2 cars in front of me. I didn't know I looked that good from behind :rolleyes: I sped up and followed it and turned right. I pulled up along side and we rolled down our windows. What a sight! We both still had our Dealer plates on. We start to talking about how there aren't any other GTO's on the road, what great cars they are..... yada yada... It was friggin great! :D Enjoy your new Toy :seeya:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Congrats on the goat!

The uncommonness of the car can really make for some fun. Either people have no clue what it is and ignore it, have no clue what it is and say something funny or act funny, or is someone like above (another goat owner stopping to say Hi).

I've only had a few reactions from others so far (comparatively, vs all the cars I have passed while driving). I've had some interested stares, some "what is that?" puzzled stares, and some appreciative stares. Even had a guy in a red goat drive by in a free lane while I was stopped waiting to turn, and he revved his engine at me :D You'll get varying reactions too--enjoy it!

/edit: can't type today

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yalie GTO said:
Is this car a blast or what?! Congrats and great choice, I have the 06 Black/Black M6 myself. Just had the windows tinted not too long ago. Welcome and lets see some pics!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Congratulations; recommend you buy a California Duster if you don't already have one, for those "between wash" times.

I've got a black one too (red interior) and it's getting close to big time pollen time in VA, so I'm keeping mine busy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.