Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, so today was an extremely bad day for me... and I'm so about to cry right now.

Earlier I was just out for a Sunday drive with my parents and fiance, and we were just out cruising around in my goat having a nice time. When we stopped for dinner, I dropped them all off at the restraunt we were to eat at so they could go ahead and order and whatnot. While they were doing that, I was out making a bank run and filling up my baby on gas. Keep in mind it was pooring down rain during this time.

Well, while I was sitting at a two-lane stop light, being the first one in my lane with no one behind me - and two people in the other lane - I managed to meet up with one of the biggest dumbasses on this planet. I'm just sitting there at this red light, and had been sitting there for at least 45 seconds, when all of a sudden a rocket flies itself into my rear bumper and sends me into the intersection.

I had been watching my rear view mirror sitting there because I noticed this big ass SUV coming up behind me... and not exactly slowing down. I would say it was traveling roughly 40-45 mph seeing as how the zone we were in had a speed limit of 45. So as I'm watching this thing come toward me closer and closer and not slowing down at all, I start to get this feeling of "holy hell, please tell me this isn't about to happen". I start to hear this skidding sound (hell of a lot of good that did with a heavy vehichle on soaking wet roads) and my heart and stomache just get that feeling as if they droppped through the ground.

Now just to keep in mind the skidding started when the vehichle was probably a good hundred feet back, but the road we were on was slanting downhill from our position, so from the SUV hydroplaining it really didn't lose any speed at all.

At least I have a way with keeping my cool well enough in very bad situations, and so I threw on the parking break fast, pushed myself into the seat while holding the normal break, and started honking my horn like all hell to try and warn oncoming traffic into the intersection. Luckily a jeep that was on the street to the right, who was about to move to make its left turn, saw what was happening and stayed back for his green light.

Then it happens. My goat got brutally slammed in the back and was forced straight into the middle of the intersection. I kept my head back in the seat so I managed to walk away with nothing in the way of injuries really. I tried to move the car out of the intersection but it didn't want to go for me, so I got out to take a look. Sure enough, my rear end is almost non-existant now and the rear axle is in very bad shape and just wont allow the car to drive. Trust me... you think the goats had a small trunk before :(

While I'm standing there in shock the jeep driver that had stayed back on his green light got out and ran over to me to make sure I was alright. The Escalade that had hit me (I recognized the car quick and took down its license number because...) decided it wanted to get the **** out of there. So it started to pull away and run for it when a cop (which I have no clue where he came on) pulled in front of it down the road a hundred feet of it or so with its lights and siren on. This damn bitch who was driving the escalade was driving without a license or insurance it turns out. The license plate she had on it wasn't even registered for that car. So she gets nailed for all those offenses plus attempting a hit and run. She claims that the light was green and that I just randomly stopped and forced her to hit me because she didn't have the room to stop. The officer arrested her right ****ing then and there because I think he also thought she was DUI.

Basically to make this a bit shorter than it could be, my GTO was towed to a garage for my insurance agency for now. It isn't at all in driving condition and I'm awaiting to hear from my insurance agency as to what they say.

Chances are I'm going to end up sueing this mother ****er for what she did. Yes you better believe I'm ****ing pissed off that my beautiful car is totalled, and yes you better believe I want to cry.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Sorry to hear that,good to hear your okay.Could have been much worse and you spared your family from it as well.. Exact same thing happened to my dad and his XR7 ,,dumb lady yaking on cell phone drove right into him at a red light.. What a miracle,she also was driving a behemoth tank SUV.
Eventually when insurance companies realize how much damage SUVs are causing they will crank their rates thru the roof.
Hope you jack her good bro..

·
Registered
356 Posts
That is horrible! I am actually crying now. I hope you are okay, metal can be replaced but you can't. I hope you don't have whiplash and I hope everything with your car works out okay.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm fine phsyically, like I said thanks to quick thinking I managed to avoid a really ****ing bad case of whiplash.

I swear if I get the chance I will most likely sue her ass to Pluto and back.

I'm not sure but chances are good that the car will be totalled. With the structural damage to the car I don't see how it would be cheaper than just buying a new one. That makes me very sad though because in the 3 months I've had this GTO, i've fallen in love with it. It won't quite feel the same with a new goat under my control :( :( :(

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will say this though, our goats for the most part are built like tanks. As a final stand sort of thing to what was happening... my baby ****ed up the front of her escalade pretty good.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Very sorry to hear about the death of your Goat. As others have already said, at least you weren't seriously injured. This sort of accident simply amazes me. My wife and I have been rear ended no less than seven times.

Three times in my Volvo 850.
Three times in my wife's Acura.
And once in a mid-eighties Chrysler.

I know exactly what it's like to watch the movie unfolding in your rear view mirror when you are trapped by traffic and have nowhere to go.

On one occasion in the Volvo I was rear ended by a guy in a brand new Hyundai while I was slowing for traffic in front of me on a highway. But I was still going 45mph. Unbelievable!

Meanwhile, neither my wife nor myself have ever rear-ended another vehicle. How do these dumb asses manage these feats of stupidity?

Sounds like you managed to be in the path of a complete loser. I hope you take her to the cleaners. Sounds like you've got some pretty good eye witnesses the dumbass did nothing to help herself.

Good luck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It would not suprise me to hear that the escalade was stolen... why change plates if it were all good right? Damn! that sucks.... WOW what an ULTRA dumba$$ DUI wrong plates and totaling a GTO... this girl is gonna get put under the JAIL.... IMO

·
Registered
96 Posts
Wow, my jaw dropped reading this. RiceEater, I am extremely sorry to hear what happened, but be thankful that none of your family members were in the backseat. Hope you get back on your feet with a new ride very soon. Life goes on and to the lady that hit you: Karma's a bi***. Good luck man.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sorry to hear about your goat man. Thankfully you are okay.. I know it's hard but like others said,,, sheet metal can be replaced, you can't. Daughter was rearended the the 99 taurus i had bought her 3 months earlier in spring of 04. She wanted pulverize the teen age kid that rearend her baby in his pos truck and she a teenager too. Yakking on his cell and never slowed down and totaled that taurus. She's still paranoid when a truck comes running up behind her at lights. Sue her and hopefully she's not judgement proof but that sounds like a questionable suv, ie, wrong plate, no insurance, etc. Good luck to you....

·
Registered
13 Posts
That sucks BIG TIME, are you SURE you're alright?? Are you absolutely sure? You know some injuries pop up after the fact, and you could have problems down the road, if I were you I would get a check up for the pain you're going to get in your neck and shoulders. So, again, are you SURE you're ok? Boy, it would be a shame if she had to PAY YOU for pain and suffering, again you are sure nothing hurts, or is a little swollen????????????? I hope I got my point across.

ROK

·
Registered
29 Posts
might sound bad to say this but lets see pics.... i am wondering what these look like crashed up..... i am sorry to hear about the accident though... i am waiting for it to happen to me up here in chi town

·
Registered
674 Posts
my wife was rear ended about two weeks before our wedding at about 5 mph. she has herniated disks, wedge fractures and more. see how you feel in a few days. back pain often doesnt appear for a few days when things start to tighten up.

unless you are injured, and you have collission insurance, you have nothing to sue her for.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
So, so sorry to hear it Ricer. Don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. I hope you have good insurance. Your insurance co. Will have to reimburse you.

I'da lost my cool and probalby would have been arrested for assult. There's just no excuse for it. Sue her A**. I hope there is something to sue for.

Good Luck.....I'd be shopping right away for another goat. Let us know how you are making out.... Keep your chin up :)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Trust me, I was weighing the pro's and con's of going to jail for a fun game of "Punt the Asswhipe".

When I said I was injured, I meant right on the seen as in I hadn't lost any limbs. Back, neck, and other injuries like that can definately take a day or two to pop up though....

Now the fun stuff. Turns out she did have insurance... just she didn't want to let any of us know about it because she was afraid of her rates going up.... :shutme

I had misunderstood the police officer at the scene. The woman's driver license had expired about 5 months ago and she didn't get it renewed. The tags on her car also expired in June.

I'll look into getting pictures of it on here - the ones I took at the accident weren't on a digital camera... Right now though my goat is sitting at my insurance companies lot awaiting to be "inspected" by an agent from my insurance company and now the woman's also to see if they're going to total it.

·
Registered
590 Posts
two words. Diminished Value

You can come out ahead on the deal.

16 yr old in sticker neon did the same to me in my '04 Z28, got extra $3K, plus repair 8K,

glad yr ok :cheers

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.