Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Closed a deal today on a 2004 pulse red 6-speed. Not the killer deal some are posting, but in my mind extremely fair to me and the dealer.

First, thanks to all the forum members for their posts that really helped me in my decision. I've spent quite a bit of time here over the past week and it's appreciated.

A few random thoughts I'd like to share...

I had vowed that I would never own a GM car again and that my next car would definitely be a 2-seat sports car. Wrong on both counts!

I (thought) I had it narrowed down to a 2 year old Corvette or BMW Z-4. The Corvette had the intoxiating power; the BMW had the 'this feels right' charactersitics.

Having just turned 53, the downside to both was that it just isn't as easy getting in and out as when I was 20 years younger. Thought that was just the price to be paid.

Then I test drove the GTO. The power of the Corvete, the feeling of the MBW, and I can easily get in and out of it!

The closer for me was the build quality. How a GM subsidiary can put the mother company to shame on styling and quality is amazing to me.

I've gone on long enough. Happy New Year to all!

ejko

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congrats your way on the new Pulse Red!!!!!

Hey a deal is always right when YOU feel its right, no matter if the guy down the block payed differenty.. Its Just as long as YOU are happy.

Does that have the black interior?

Im in a new 04 Z06 and experiencing what your saying about climbing in and out >> isnt much fun with a bad back, but once your down in behind that Z06 wheel .. this is the car to drive.. but im currently working deals on a trade for a new GTO.

Just a bad time of the year to sell a car.. SO if i dont get the good trade or get what i want for my 04 Z06 in selling it i will hold off for the 05 when they start cutting deals there.

HEY Have FUN!!!

see ya.. Tony

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It really is a killer color! I also like the black interior with the red stitching and the grayish/silver faced gauges.

For a guy my age, it has a certain 'class' to it tjat I was looking for.

·
Registered
37 Posts
congrat's on the purchase, sounds like a lot of what sold me; TONS more refinement than a 2 or 3 yr old F-body, with plenty of GO too...;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.