Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Brandon and I'm 27 years old and live in central California. I have a '65 GTO that runs but is far from reliable. Two weeks ago I had to push it a quartermile after it broke down on the middle of a fairly busy street. Anyway, there is a bit of rust, but not bad, and it was recently painted in 2003, but by MAACO and it is peeling everywhere. I'm willing to learn, but know very little about mechanics.

What I'm looking for is an engine overhaul that would make it close to like a new car. I want it to start up everytime and be a reliable vehicle. I will also need to do something about the body since the rust will eventually get the best of the car. Is it possible to make this run like a new car? Would it cost a fortune? What kind of shop/person would I take it to and how would I find someone?

Not sure if this pic will work...but here's my baby.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Appreciate the comments. I really don't know much about restoration...just know that I LOVE my car and want it to be as perfect as I can afford. I will look for GTO clubs right away.

As far as the rust...if I get it treated somewhere...do they remove EVERYTHING and fix the rust? or do they somehow work around the interior and stuff to remove it? I'm guessing it depends on how thorough of a job I pay for!

Thanks again,

Brandon

ps - any more suggestions would still be greatly appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.