Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I'm new to this wonderfull site "GTO FORUM" I have been into GTO's ever since my first brand new GTO, that I bought back in 1966. I guess that now, and all these years later, I'm still a Pontiac GTO lover.

I would like to know how many of you are original owners of the classic GTO's and would like to share some of your stories with us. I myself have owned 4 of these amazing automobiles through the 45 years, from my first to the one I have now.

Looking forward to hear from you. Big John NYC

Attachments

·
Registered
659 Posts
You bought your first GTO in 1966, bet you wish you still had that one. I bought mine in 1982, third owner, all original drive train.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[I would like to know how many of you are original owners of the classic GTO's and would like to share some of your stories with us. I myself have owned 4 of these amazing automobiles through the 45 years, from my first to the one I have now.

Looking forward to hear from you. Big John NYC[/QUOTE]

·
Former Super Moderator
9,919 Posts
Not an original owner, but this is my first GTO bought back in the early `90s. Not my first choice, I wanted a `69 Chevelle 396 4-speed car. But my late wife told me I should check out the `65 GTOs. So I did some research found out it was the "Godfather of all Muscle Cars", I had to have one! It needed to be a Tri-Power car, and it needed to be a 4-speed. Took two years to find the car I wanted. Traded a `82 Firebird with a fuel injected 454 built to the hilt and never looked back. The GTO was white with black interior, sport wood wheel with matching wood gear shift knob, console, tinted windows, a sweet car. Just had a blown engine, which is right up my alley~ being a mechanic. Drove the car till `06 when my wife passed away. Had the car documented by PHS, found out it's got the ultra rare B-6 color code Blue Charcoal with the black vinyl top. Restored the car myself in `07 back to it's original glory. Really wish she could have seen it as blue was her favorite color. Been driving the car in it's present form sense then and loving it! :cheers

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Hey John, I bought my first car, a 1966 GTO convert 4spd, in 1976 When I was 17,,,,paid $400 for it....wish I had kept it.......Welcome! Eric:cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I have been off this forum for some time now and It's time once again to get back to say hello once again.
I'm Big John, and it's good to be back..:cheers

Night shot of the Goat this passed summer, my sons 67 Firebird, and the garage shot.

:party:

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts