Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I beat the pants off a new body style Impala SS with the 5.3 litre V8 in it this morning on the way to work. I know it's nothing worth bragging about, but a kill is a kill and he's the one that took a stab at me. I let him get ahead of me a bit before I got serious and showed him my tail lights. I don't like the look of the new body style (or the new (now discontinued) monte carlo's body style). I think the prior body style of the monte carlo looked better, and I LOVED the impala of the 90's with the LT1 in it. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Good kill.
I actually do like the new Impala's, and never was a big fan of the older bodies. These days I picture "crime" when I see the older Impalas.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Nice kill. At one point i was planning on trading the GTO for a new body style Impala due to insurance problems. Glad everything worked out though.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Good Kill

I like the new body style and the old body style.

The new car stock is a mid 14's quarter mile car. A good run for a 99-04 Mustang GT or an early 350Z. Great competition for a Hemi Charger or 300C.

I've seen the new 5.3 Monte's and Impy's break into the high 13's at 100-101 mph with just an intake and a tune.

The 3.9l V6 is the sleeper though. They will run a 14.8-14.9 in the high 90's stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts