Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just read a negative post and felt the need to say something positive.

I have have the car about two full weeks and I could not be happier overall. The fit and finish of the car makes my old "02 SS look cheap. The ride quality is great. I love the fact that it is the type of car that looks like "nice two door coupe." Yet, it has the ability to stand up and smack you in the face. I like the fact that I can commute to work and average 24 mpg! I am TOTALY impressed by the winter handling!

I live in the Souther California Desert and this weekend we got hit hard by a snow storm and my house got 13 inches of the white stuff. I was really thinking twice about not going into work. Well I had to do my duty and while I did drive slow I did not once loose my handling. I pointed the car where I wanted to go and it went. Score one for ABS and traction control.

To be fair there are two bad things:

The stereo, I expected more from a $30k car! Also the back seat entry was a totaly bad design. The seats are great but getting to them sucks the big one.

To sum up, for a family guy with a baby seat in the back of his car, I am totaly proud to take my boy for a ride in my new GOAT!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've had mine for six months and 7000 miles and love it! The seats are way more comfortable than those in my Honda and the interior is fabulous. Unlike you, I think the stereo is great--just wish it had XM.

I agree it's almost impossible to get into the back seat--once there it's nice, but I think I broke a couple vertebrae trying to get back out. Never again.

·
Registered
123 Posts
1200 miles and loving it more every day..!

My average fuel economy is currently 16.2 and I don't baby it AT ALL..! I also commute about 80 miles/day in bumper-to-bumper traffic. Some days I rarely get it out of first gear.

16.2 miles/gal... I was getting that with my 03 explorer with a V6 on good days..!

I couldn't be happier. I do agree the stereo was a bad design. I think they [GM] was trying to cut costs to ensure the car would not be priced out of the market. Not a bad stereo, but it could have used a little more thought. But, this can be corrected with little effort. I plan to in the near future.

As far as the back seat issue... I bought the car with every intension to drive the car with no one else in the car. It's my escape and I thouroughly enjoy every minute..!

I hope everyone is having as much fun as I am....! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.