Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I still have a hard time believing that the 2004 Subaru Forester XT turbo can cover 0-60 in 5.25 s and the 1/4 mile in 13.94 s while only producing 210 hp. By all rights, it should be at least 2 seconds slower in both elapsed times. It is a more stealthy sleeper than even the GTO.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Don't be fooled by the little subaru! It is running basically the same motor as in the Sti, it has AWD, and it's not THAT heavy. I thought at one point I saw that it was lighter than the GTO.

AWD owns 0-60 times, and racing on the street!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Whiteshadow said:
Don't be fooled by the little subaru! It is running basically the same motor as in the Sti, it has AWD, and it's not THAT heavy. I thought at one point I saw that it was lighter than the GTO.

AWD owns 0-60 times, and racing on the street!
Be careful making comments like that...Hakkinen might come in here and poop in this thread! :D

That XT Forester is a sneaky little SOB, be sure...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Groucho said:
Be careful making comments like that...Hakkinen might come in here and poop in this thread! :D

That XT Forester is a sneaky little SOB, be sure...
i had a wrx with about 325 crank hp and man that thing was a rocket to about 120mph, that is until i rolled it broke a phone pole and caught fire and burnt to the ground.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Yeah...an STi was in the running for cars last time around (along with a VW R32, Mazda RX-8, and used BMW 330ci-- the GTO I happily ended up with was the result of a last-minute test drive to appease my wife)...but I just couldn't get around the Subie's overall tinny feel and especially that hilarious Boeing-sized rear deck wing.

Fast & fun car, however.

·
Registered
267 Posts
yea.. the wrx was cool, but this gto is hands down my favorite car, that i have owned, the stealth of it makes it MUCH easer to live with.and the red interior is simply awsome.

·
Registered
142 Posts
that is until i rolled it broke a phone pole and caught fire and burnt to the ground.

Man I hate it when that happens..............

·
Registered
117 Posts
flht3 said:
i had a wrx with about 325 crank hp and man that thing was a rocket to about 120mph, that is until i rolled it broke a phone pole and caught fire and burnt to the ground.
:eek: Were you in the car when this happened? I would hate to see you now. You would probably look like walking fried chicken.

·
Registered
267 Posts
EdwardC said:
:eek: Were you in the car when this happened? I would hate to see you now. You would probably look like walking fried chicken.
the car end up on its driverside, i tryed to get out the passenger window, but when i got halfway through it the car started to tip and i didnt want to get caught under it if it rolled over on its wheels so i kicked the windshield out and got out that way, as for the car it took the crash very good if the dam thing wasnt on fire you probaly could have rolled it on its wheels and drove it away.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I watch a show on disscovery and the Mclaron was no were round 2.6.You look at all these stats .They are not real world.They have the WRX doing over 150, I dont think it will get anywhere that. It must be computer generated.`

1 - 14 of 14 Posts