Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like to say thanks to the (not appropriate for general viewing) jerk who backed into my front bumper and then left. I really hate people:mad:
good news is it should only be $600 to get my bumper redone-#%@&*#@#**

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Unbelievable some people!

Sorry to hear about that Crusty, that pisses me off. :mad:

I hope they sustained considerable damage to thier Hyundia doing it though. :shutme

·
Registered
229 Posts
I am sorry to hear about your bumper. When I hear things like this I am more reluctant to take my car out. I realize that I should not think this way but being practical it is becoming harder to find replacement parts for these cars. My biggest fear is having damage done to the rear of my 65 and having total loss of the tail panel. I would not even know where to start looking for a replacement. Front fenders and doors also would be a challenge to replace.

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Sorry about the fender bender, Crusty. Your car is still a work of art, though. It'll be fine..your wallet just won't be. Yeah, the '65 Tailpanel Jitters....I got 'tapped' in the rear in the rain about 10 years ago, went back to look, and saw no damage. Little old lady in a Toyota. Pouring down rain. Next day, noticed a tiny little dent in the tail panel. Wasn't there before. Not really noticable, but it's there. I've seen tailpanels not as nice as mine go for $400 or so. All old cars have drawbacks to ownership....collision damage is one of 'em. So, I say go out and drive 'em anyway. We only go around once!

·
Registered
60 Posts
were you double parking? i only ask cause i back my truck into cars that are double parked all the time. BUT, if i saw a nice classic car i would not be that a-hole cause i got one. (classic car)

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
call insurance they will probably Total it and you can buy the salvage back for 1200.00.....:D But seriously that sucks....bumping it is one thing but own up and do whats right, did that in a parking lot once and waited for the guy to tell him....ended up being a cop, he was even amazed i waited.

·
Registered
58 Posts
were you double parking? i only ask cause i back my truck into cars that are double parked all the time. BUT, if i saw a nice classic car i would not be that a-hole cause i got one.
If you were serious about that, then you are totally wrong and a few other choice words. I hate double parkers too but 2 jerks don't make it right. That's why I always park my C6 far away and walk.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
You're totally right, Mickey. I wanted to post earlier about Inda's comments, but my wife told me not to. I would have had a few choice words too......

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
If you were serious about that, then you are totally wrong and a few other choice words. I hate double parkers too but 2 jerks don't make it right. That's why I always park my C6 far away and walk.
I parked my c5 tight on the line, away from people, came out from lunch, and a SUV jammed into the open slot. I had to back out so my daughter could get in.. I'll give them credit, they didn't door shot me. Guess I didn't realize church was getting out and the rush was coming., and the extra 20' of walking was a big deal.
Hate it for you Crusty. But, as Rick Dobertin said about driving his J2000 back in the 80's. You don't hang the mona lisa in the out house.. Gotta park it way away and hope everyone leaves it alone.
I hope Inda is joking, that is just stupid, unless she/he likes felony convictions for hit n run.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I were to park like a retard I would have no excuse, but I dont, with all my cars. And if I see someone parked like a douchebag- I just say look at that idiot, I would never hit anybodys car on purpose thats just wrong . Inda bebe just helps solidify the fact that I HATE people. I'm not gonna stop driving my car,its waaaaaaay to much fun. I didn't build it to NOT use it, I just have to be EXTRA observant of cars near me.

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
If it makes ya feel better........

I have a buddy who has a Concours gold '68 GTO cv.
his 3 yr old daughter got in the car unbeknownst to him sat in front seat and popped it out of gear. The car rolled down the driveway with her screaming. He turned to see his car slam back end first into a very unforgiving tree. Fortunately his daughter was fine. The car? Whole rear end was not so good.

Frame bent, gas tank bent rear deck, bumper destroyed, rear panel destroyed. Lots of major damage. He's in the process of rebuilding it again. The pictures were not pretty, nor his nerves. The parts on the car destroyed were all original to the car and couldn't be saved.

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
People don't suck, a$$holes do. And there are more and more of them each day, thanks to the direction our country has taken in regards to "entitlement". And the entitled masses who have their livlihood handed to them by the gov't. don't actually appreciate "stuff" that took blood, sweat, and toil to aquire/restore. So, "stuff" gets trashed. No respect. No taste. No goal. Nothing constructive. We're doomed.

·
Registered
60 Posts
sorry if i didnt write down all the details. but i think you would be pissed if you lived in a condo w/ street parking and people double park theyre corollas and civics everyday. i park my 2 vehicles in my 2 car garage and gotta find street parking w/ my third. so if i have to walk 75 yards to find space, screw that. im backing my truck till my metal off-road bumper hits theres and i can care less. since then people have stopped taking up maximum space on my street.

if i see them i ask kindly if they can move up so that we can all share, but some people dont give a crap and give attitude. i wouldnt mind a good old scrap if it came, sometimes fighting solves everything.

so since he said his bumper got hit, i only asked if he double parked. i wouldnt bump someone at a mall or a store, just on the street in front of my own house. so everyone be considerate, cause theyre are people like me. anyone that wants to yell at my face for bumping them, i just say you didnt leave parking for anyone else and if theyre still in my face. ill gaurantee theyll be faced down.

so if someone bumps your car for double parking and leaves it there, dont be quick to get mad.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Hate to say it, but, your details didn't help your cause, IMO....... That's the problem today, too many "care less" attitudes...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts