Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished a rebuild on my 1966 389 and am trying to fire it up for the first time. I am getting spark to the plugs for 2-4 revolutions of the engine and then no more spark to the plugs...any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tracked it to bad points (not sure if they were really bad or just did not fit real well). Bought a set from NAPA and found the quality of the NAPA replacement fit MUCH better than what I had gotten from AutoZone and Ames Performance. A very noticeable difference in how it mated to the distributor.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Tracked it to bad points (not sure if they were really bad or just did not fit real well). Bought a set from NAPA and found the quality of the NAPA replacement fit MUCH better than what I had gotten from AutoZone and Ames Performance. A very noticeable difference in how it mated to the distributor.
Good deal, geeteeohguy got it right. Like all things, the quality of some parts does vary from store brand to store. I have read that a lot of guys try to buy NOS AC Delco points off Ebay. I always used to buy my points and other parts from NAPA as their were better and I never had any problems. Nowadays it is a crap shoot. :yesnod:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts