Pontiac GTO Forum banner
101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
67 GTO convertible. Supercharged LS3
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
As a reminder to anyone who was following my blog, I will be at the POCI show in CT at the Mohegan Sun resort July 11 to 15. My ride is being judged in the modified class. If you are going to the show please stop by and say hello.
Also, since my last post the car is now here at its new home as of about a month ago. Here is a picture taken yesterday, all cleaned up for the show.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
ok, I'm not sure why there are two copies of this picture but that aside, by way of an update the POCI national convention was held in July. While this award is literally silver-colored it is the Gold award in the modified class. Go figure. A few of us got them. I got 398 out of a possible 400 points. One point removed for a scratch on the chassis. Now there's a surprise. I drive this car on real roads. Not sure why the other point was deducted. Anyway, I took the liberty of having the award painted gold. It looks much better in my opinion.

Also, I just had professional pictures taken. They came out amazing. The GTOAA features a car every month and mine will be in it in a few months. Not sure exactly when, yet. I'll provide the pictures to the editor for the magazine article.

·
Registered
895 Posts
ok, I'm not sure why there are two copies of this picture but that aside, by way of an update the POCI national convention was held in July. While this award is literally silver-colored it is the Gold award in the modified class. Go figure. A few of us got them. I got 398 out of a possible 400 points. One point removed for a scratch on the chassis. Now there's a surprise. I drive this car on real roads. Not sure why the other point was deducted. Anyway, I took the liberty of having the award painted gold. It looks much better in my opinion.

Also, I just had professional pictures taken. They came out amazing. The GTOAA features a car every month and mine will be in it in a few months. Not sure exactly when, yet. I'll provide the pictures to the editor for the magazine article.
Ears must have been itching as I brought you up in a conversation a couple days ago. The conversation was about a convertible for sale. Anyways... welcome back and congrats.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Hey. Long time. Thanks. Lemme see: I think I have your email address somewhere..........

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts
hey PMRT, Superb build. Check out my 67 GTO here. I built it (with help) about 9 years ago. It was actually featured in CARCRAFT magazine. I would like to ask you for some info on tyhe 6L80e transmission. What did you NOT like about the 4L80e? I have a 4L80e in my GTO....I am currently (hahaha) building a 1973 Riviera and am considering using a 6L80e in it. The Riv will be naturally aspirated. No Blower :(
Wheel Tire Water Sky Vehicle

Thank you for any info!!!! My GTO has 4000 street miles on it now....505 cu in IA2 block, 871 BDS supercharger.....runs on 93 octane gas....8lbs of boost.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
hey PMRT, Superb build. Check out my 67 GTO here. I built it (with help) about 9 years ago. It was actually featured in CARCRAFT magazine. I would like to ask you for some info on tyhe 6L80e transmission. What did you NOT like about the 4L80e? I have a 4L80e in my GTO....I am currently (hahaha) building a 1973 Riviera and am considering using a 6L80e in it. The Riv will be naturally aspirated. No Blower :( View attachment 149944
Thank you for any info!!!! My GTO has 4000 street miles on it now....505 cu in IA2 block, 871 BDS supercharger.....runs on 93 octane gas....8lbs of boost.
okaaaay. I can easily see why you're called "animal" cuz that is one hellava beast. Gorgeous, too. Transmissions: My ride started to chew up the 4L80e. It would slip when punched. I would only punch it leaving shows, which is to say at least a couple times a week. It was purchased brand new. Also, I wanted to lower the revs a bit at highway speed. The 6L80 peeled off about 500 rev's at 70. With 3" pipes and the top down it was a welcome relief. Taking the advice of those who know more than me I ended up with a custom-built, 1000 hp-capable 6L80 (no "e" the model #) built by the best. Extra, heavy duty clutches and bearings, etc. The guy who built it said the microprocessor in the 6L80 would "learn" my driving habits and adjust to accommodate it, and he's right. I can feel it change shift speed and rpm range depending on how aggressive I am driving it. Its a bit hard to describe but its pretty neat. It also has manual shift capability.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts