Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to buy a nice indoor car cover for my GTO. I've noticed a few little scratches on the car, probably from kids bikes and me moving stuff around in the garage. I only want the cover for indoors. Maybe something padded? I did a Google search and found this cover Ultimate Shield Car Cover Convertible 1969 GTO Pontiac Car Covers at CarCovers.com

It looks like a good price but is the cover any good? Ideally I would like a cover that isn't so form fitting so I can try and put the cover on while it's parked near the garage wall.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
I would like to buy a nice indoor car cover for my GTO. I've noticed a few little scratches on the car, probably from kids bikes and me moving stuff around in the garage. I only want the cover for indoors. Maybe something padded? I did a Google search and found this cover Ultimate Shield Car Cover Convertible 1969 GTO Pontiac Car Covers at CarCovers.com

It looks like a good price but is the cover any good? Ideally I would like a cover that isn't so form fitting so I can try and put the cover on while it's parked near the garage wall.
I purchased a tan flannel from Covercraft.

·
Super Moderator
5,782 Posts
:agree: Covercraft "indoor" in their 'Dustop' fabric. Very easy to install and remove. When the cover is on the car, I lift the cover off all 4 corners of the car, pull the passenger side up over the radio antenna (it has grommet to fit over the antenna), then loosely roll it up on both sides so that the cover is laying in a long line in the middle of the car from front to back. Lastly, roll the cover up into a big ball starting from the front of the car and ending at the rear. This way you minimize having to drag the cover across your paint (important with a black car). Putting it back on, I lay the balled up cover on the deck lid, unroll it towards the front, then to each side. Having a pattern I follow every time is good for olde guys with fading memories :D

Bear

1 - 3 of 3 Posts