Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a informational cd that comes with the car at delivery? or Is there one sent later? Or Don't worry about it because it is a joke? or None of the above. Thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
Came with the car, mine was in the glove box.

Haven't listened to it yet so I can't tell you whether it's beneficial or not.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My salesman said he has delivered 4 and there is no cd. Is the cd a joke or is worth having??

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is the title and/or part number? Sounds like alot of owners are missing them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not sure if there any copyright infringments, but it could be possible to copy the cd to a digital format like an iso so people can download and burn. But there are probally copyright infringments.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm fairly certain it is copyrighted, but I ripped it so both my wife's and my computers have copies. I don't think Pontiac will come after me with lawyers blazing.

At any rate, the title is "GTO Audio & Interactive CD-ROM"

P/N 04GTOCDROM (duh...)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just got the car, and played the CD on the way home (it did come with the car BTW), well, its not bad, but its just kinda stuff you sorta know, like the audio system operation (course if your listing to it in the car....you must already be able to figure out how the audio stuff works........right?)

I would have rather had a little more instruction on all the individual settings of the gauge electronics than the radio, but hey, they mentioned the skip-shift which was the only totally new thing for me, so good for them... and it clearly explains what octane gas needs to be run.... so that was a plus too...

hope this helps
Matt

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mine was also in my CD player when I got the car!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine came in the mail a week or so later!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Jondster said:
I'm fairly certain it is copyrighted, but I ripped it so both my wife's and my computers have copies. I don't think Pontiac will come after me with lawyers blazing.

At any rate, the title is "GTO Audio & Interactive CD-ROM"

P/N 04GTOCDROM (duh...)
Well i was thinking its only a problem if you distributed it over the internet to people who didnt have it. Dont see why they would care though.

-Frank

1 - 19 of 19 Posts