Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Installation costs

3K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  JMJ80 
Vedli said:
BEWARE: most of these cars new have a 3800 mile/3 year warrenty.. changing the springs..CAGs skip shift eliminator... ect ect will void the warrenty...Contact your dealer for more information..

this post is just FYI..

I allmost voided my warrenty with dropping my suspention on... then I found out one of my headlights started a small cracking heat bubble {defect}... since I didnt mod the car much I got a free headlight.. but I can imagine how much a new headlight housing would have costed ...

Used GTOs .. you will have to check with the salesperson on a limited warrenty before modding your vehicle... :willy: :party:

"second place is the first loser"
Not exactly true....... if you mod the suspension and you have a headlight that is defective it is illegal for your dealership to void your warranty. The harshest thing they could do is void your warranty on the suspension... which you just upgraded anyway....

I'll be more than happy to talk to them, most dealerships are ignorant when it comes to aftermarket parts. A lot of dealerships panic when they see these type of parts and they just tell you "that voided your warranty". I ran into this problem on a Focus I drove, the tranny grenaded with 11k miles on it and they kept the car for two weeks, I get a phone call saying that because the car was lowered the trannys warranty was void! I went up there and argued with the service director, I picked my car up and called the local news station. After one visit, they "mysteriously" just read about this and they were more than willing to repair my car.... jackasses!

big_mike said:
some dealers just dont want to honor the warranty because its not money in the door.
Not exactly..... the dealer still makes money from GM....... they just don't want the claim investigated and it be bogus, then they get stuck with having to pay GM back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.