Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my Kurt hitch yesterday (please, no flames - its for a bike rack) and proceeded to install it. I discovered that the bolt holes were out of alignment by about 1/16th of an inch on two of the bolt holes. This was after 30 minutes of figuring out my floor jack didn't have enough lift to get the Goat onto jack stands without being creative. :willy:

An hour and a tired right arm and I had filed the holes enough for it to fit over rear studs. I thought working on the vette was a pain.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had a little trouble with hole alignment with mine as well. Plus, the rear passenger side stud was too short...almost. I managed to make it work but only after much finagling (sp??).

No flames, I did mine for the bike rack as well. I don't think it looks bad at all.

As far as jacking the car goes, I cut a 2x10 into ~12" pieces, which I then stack 4 or 5 high under the tires. I hate jack stands and frankly don't trust them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FoMoGo said:
Hell... I would do a hitch to tow a small trailer.
Its a car... if it cant do what I want it to... I dont need it. ;)
I bought this car to be my DD as well as a practical car (well, more practical than a vette). Under the right circumstances, I would use it to pull a small trailer as well. Mostly, I want it to be able to haul 4 people on occasion, be able to haul a little more stuff than I can in the vette, and be able to drive in light snow and rain if necessary.

Oh, and I want it to be a rwd v8 that looks good and goes fast. :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
This may be a dumb question, but is there a hitch electrical connector hidden somewhere or would that need to be spliced in? I don't have any intentions on pulling a small trailer, but I at least want to know what it would take to get there.

·
Registered
410 Posts
You have to splice it in. I've seen some pictures on a sight where I guy did this. Can't find the url right not. post back if you need it and I'll look harder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.