Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
sutliffhl21 said:
The check engine light came on a few days after the slp headers and loudmouth was installed. I called some places and I couldnt find any o2 simulators. What am I supposed to do to shut the light off?
Mine did the same thing, take it to the dealership they will reset it for you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will that disable the rear o2's though? I'm thinking that because there is high flow cat's on the car, thats whats tripping the light and just resetting the light will only be temporary, as it will only come on again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I'm sorry that I can't comment for sure on the GTO, but other cars that I have had with headers and O2 sensors have all had issues with the CEL.

You are going to have to get O2 simulators, tune for O2 sensor delete, or just live with tripping a code every once in awhile.

·
Registered
108 Posts
If you pick out and install a CAI, you should be well set to get your motor dyno'ed to take advantage of all the new power. I picked up 24 rwhp just from my dyno session, plus they disabled the rear O2 sensors, eliminating the CEL.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have SLP long tubes w/out the catbacks. No check eng. lite for me. Worst case is you may need to retune. Aint it great?:D You can tune for more power and should be able to keep the o2 sensor to boot. Thats why they gave you the extenders.:cheers

·
Registered
172 Posts
im lookin at gettin a vortech supercharger system http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/products/yourcar/04_gto.html
by the looks of it and my knowledge of the package it will replace my CAI correct? so it would be pointless to get a K&N air charger system before I get the supercharger system this spring? also i was lookin at certified vortech dealers and i have some around my area but the nearest one is a Found On Road Dead (ford) dealership. i read through there website and they have a performance division shop with a dyno but i am still secptical on having them put it on my GTO.. any thoughts? the next closest is a nation wide known body shop named rad rides by troy based out of princeton,IL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.