Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just about convinced myself to buy the STS system. I calculated the cost for parts for the setup I like at about 7400.00 give or take. Now... how much should an installation cost? I simply don't have the time or the tools to do it on my own, and I want it done right. I'm in central Illinois if that helps...

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
The_Goat said:
I'm just about convinced myself to buy the STS system. I calculated the cost for parts for the setup I like at about 7400.00 give or take. Now... how much should an installation cost? I simply don't have the time or the tools to do it on my own, and I want it done right. I'm in central Illinois if that helps...
We charged $550.00 - $700.00 depending on options.... damn good kit man, I've done two and love them.:cheers

·
Registered
700 Posts
I think I'm going to go the same way, with the turbo over the supercharger. I've had quite a few SC cars, but never a turbo. I was talking to David from STS, he said they had an 05 which dynoed 517 rwhp and 517 ft/lb of torque on only 7 pounds. They had another on 12 pounds which made 714 rwhp. That's wild.
I just wish I could find someone around here who had one, I'd like to FEEL the lag, or lack thereof. I know turbos have come a long way since the lag-monsters of the 70s/80s, but it's still something I'd like to experience before I go and dump $7k.
I'm really interested to hear your impressions after you get yours installed, so please post back if you have time.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I own the very first 05 -06 GTO STS turbo kit. So if you got questions I can try to help. My kit is not together yet as the block is taking 3 weeks to get machined. Also it is now far from a stock STS setup. I have personaly rode in a few other cars with the STS turbo kit and all I got to say was what lag. If your going to be making over 600RWHP you might want some lag so you can hook up.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool, and thanks for the info! I too would love to take a ride/drive an STS equipped car before I dump that kind of money into it. I take it this isn't something a shadetree mechanic can do... 600 rwhp would be awesome.

·
1/8 7.63 at 89.14, 60ft of 1.61
260 Posts
The_Goat said:
This is for sale on ls1gto.com..........http://ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80749&page=3

·
Registered
95 Posts
The_Goat said:
Before you dump all that money on a rear mounted STS. Please look at the APS turbo for the LS2. Way better in my opinion. If you hav'nt ridden in either one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.