Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, now that I have my 2005 GTO I want to get my sirius radio installed in it. Does anyone know the best way to make it interface with the factory radio. I had an FM modulator in my Jetta and want to go with the interfaced version this time. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just had one installed last week. Like RedGoad, I looked at the MyFi and the Pioneer (both are XM). They are both really slick units, and I think will be in short supply for Christmas. I don't think they are IPod killers, but are a real nice compliment to the IPod.

However, one of the drawbacks for me was the biggest benefit of the unit...it is portable, and I really thought that I would accidentally leave it in the car. Since I park in the city, I know some dweeb, who wouldn't realize that the thing wouldn't work if it was stolen,would damage the car to get to it.

The second reason that I didn't buy it was the screen. Both units are about equal to the IPod screen, and I just didn't think it would be that readable at whatever speed I happened to be going.

So I bought a Sirius Starmate, that I had installed in the compartment right under the radio. It looks factory, and when you close the compartment cover, you can't see the radio...very slick.

It does use a wired FM modulator, but sounds very good (and I am in an area with not a lot of open frequencies) And pay the $75 and have someone who knows what they are doing install it. It is well worth the money. I also played with the radio settings, and turned the EG off.

Good luck.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would if I could. Haven't been able to figure out how to post pix on this forum. I keep getting the message that the file size exceeds the limit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts