Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I want to thank you guys so very much for all your consideration and extremely helpful information. Although my husband and I have a little experience as the result of doing the '66 Mustang, we know nothing about these Pontiacs.

With that said, here is another question. My car's original exterior color was maroon, with a black interior. I initially thought the gauge cluster was all black, but after getting everything all cleaned up I see that while the perimeter is black, the area around the instruments and the instrument bases are sort of a bluish-gray. Also, it appears the dash insert is plated in chrome - under the paint. I can't tell if there are any parts of the insert where the chrome base is supposed to show.

Any information on the correct color(s) involved here would be very much appreciated. Thank you again.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
the only part the chrome shows is on the rim of the guages and insert, lemans and Tempest had black pebbled dash GTO's had wood grain insert over the pebbled part.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts