Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I've been with Allstate for 35 years- people complain because their rates can be high( I've complained myself) but they have always produced a check promptly when needed.

I have a trifecta going with them which does discount the insurance even more so. House, Life and Auto.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Eric.....For collector car/antique car/classic car insurance.. Grunday and Haggerty are 2 of the more popular insurance companies.

You could check your standard car insurance carrier and see if they have an agreed upon value of the car plan, then compare them to the collector car companies rates.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Sorry- didn't know you were insuring a classic. Allstate is not the ticket then.

I beleive I used American Classic Car Insurance which was cheap and easy- an annual inexpensive check and your covered.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fellas...i went with Hagarty...very painless process $297 for 12 months! $33,000 worth of insurance. I should have the car home by Thursday night. Will post some pics then........E

·
Registered
681 Posts
Thanks fellas...i went with Hagarty...very painless process $297 for 12 months! $33,000 worth of insurance. I should have the car home by Thursday night. Will post some pics then........E
Good to hear Eric. I have had my 70 insured with Hagerty for almost 3 yrs now. Never had a problem with them.
they actually contacted me and suggested that I increase my coverage since the market values had gone up. I pay $185/yr on my goat.

Russ

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have mine insured thru State Farm with the rest of my vehicles. I had to get it appraised first, but after that they insured me for the full appraisal amount (30k) for only $108 per year. It was fairly painless and it was nice not to have to use a seperate company for the goat....and I love my agent, they are great and easy to deal with. Plus I think alot of the haggerty type companies you have to have had your license for 10 years and can't have a ticket for the last 3. I don't think I've ever made it 3 years without a ticket and don't see it happening anytime soon!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Check your policy on mielage limits. Some of the regular companies do not allow you to drive it more than a few thousands a year. I have Grundy with unlimited mileage and I think Hagerty is the same way.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hagarty told me that there were no limits on how far I can drive. seemed like a good deal , and the process was simple. IT DOSEN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts