Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am new here and am currently on the fence about buying a 2005 GTO whenever they are released. I am wondering what full coverage insurance rates look like for these cars. I know that these numbers are dependent on many factors like estimated yearly mileage, driving record, daily commuting distance, etc, but I just want to see what some ballpark numbers are.

By the way, I am a former Buick Grand National owner and have be dying to get my hands on a big, fast GM coupe after owning a 1998 Ford Contour SVT. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi - I too am a former GN owner, but I had a 4wd Blazer inbetween (I just had to stick with rwd).

My insurance went up $20/month over the Blazer, for around $335/6 months for me.

---Larry

·
Registered
49 Posts
ok ok no one has to brag about your rates in the country like you all cause im sick of it . im in nyc like most of you know, im 37 , havent had a ticket in seven years with a 1000 deductible to boot im at 1800 a year and thats cause i put my dads car with just liability on my policy to save money for multi car other thatn that im looking at 2200 a year , OUCH OUCH but thats why the insurance stuff is such bull**** here in ny

·
Registered
44 Posts
I live in Indiana and my rate is 300 every 6 months. That's with a 500 deductible and I also have the multi car discount that saves me 20%

·
Registered
83 Posts
my rate went up 30 per year over my 2002 Grand Prix GT 2dr. I have no points on my license, Yours will definitely go up more going from a ford contour no matter where you live.

Just call you insurance co with a VIN of a GTO, (make sure it is the trans you prefer) and they should be able to quote you the increase over the phone. If you don't trust them or if you may be dealing with an idiot, get the quote in writing for the increase so they can't slam you later, that way you'll be getting a correct quote.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I got a 160 dollar credit. I was driving a dodge intrepid. I couldn't believe it actually went down. :cheers

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have no tickets and no accidents on my record and I pay $160 a month for mine here in Waco, TX. I know thats a high rate but I am only 22.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input everyone. I live in the Washington DC suburbs, have a clean driving record, am 37 years old, and receive a discount for having my home owners and car insurance with the same company. I called and found out that my insurance will rise by $120 every six months by replacing the ford with a GTO. It works out to about $20 a month - not too bad I suppose. I just wanted to see what others have found.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts