Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you fimilar of the new roush mustang (yes I hate them only now becuse I saw it on the power block). But you got admit the system they is sweet, It is a inner cooler under the intake so it cools the intake and under andn the engine vally, This would be peferct for the goats and would so the ls2 problem of heat sevensitvty.

So does any one now and system for the goat here are some pics of the roush system.

That it under the blower. The Two nozzle or for the cooler. I will be search if I find anything I will post

·
Registered
569 Posts
For those of you fimilar of the new roush mustang (yes I hate them only now becuse I saw it on the power block). But you got admit the system they is sweet, It is a inner cooler under the intake so it cools the intake and under andn the engine vally, This would be peferct for the goats and would so the ls2 problem of heat sevensitvty.

So does any one now and system for the goat here are some pics of the roush system.

That it under the blower. The Two nozzle or for the cooler. I will be search if I find anything I will post
Magnacharger does the same thing :).
Joe

·
Registered
569 Posts
If you were to use a liquid IC, using the factory cooling system on an NA motor- the air would be hotter than it would be without it. If you want cooler air temps, just use an alky kit, people have had good luck with them on NA motors also.
Joe

·
Registered
569 Posts
OK, than make a *REAL* CAI, not one of these aftermarket ones. Other than that, intercooling an NA intake charge is retarded. At least with teh alky, it cools air AND adds octane, allowing you to run more timing and make more power. Everything else you are considering is a waste of effort.
Joe

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Visteon is working on a system that uses the cars A/C to cool the air that goes into the intake for periods up to 15 seconds to provide a shot of cool dense dry air. They have had limited success with up to a 20% boost in power for the short period of time. The idea is to provide people that want V6 power and 4 cyl economy in a Fusion or such, this option. My guess is we'll see a drag racing application too.

·
Registered
569 Posts
That is something that many, many people have discussed over the years. Downside is it take hp to spin the compressor and as RPM's climb, it is probably more than you are gaining. You could use some sort of "storage" or insulation for the cool air so that it "charges" at low speed/idle, then is ready when you nail it- but as you menitoned, that only lasts a few seconds. I personally never go for stuff that gives temporary gains like that- I will never ice my intake down either for better numbers- it is a street car, it does not drive around with a bag of ice on the intake. I like "real" numbers as-is. The reason I like the alky is it is there all the time, if it were a short term thing like ice or this proposed AC deal, I would not want it. What do you do tell someone "yeah, my car runs xx in the quarter" "really? me too, lets run"- "umm hold on for my intake cooler to charge", "yeah, I gotta ge a bag of ice somewhere" lol. Then again, I don't believe in changing tires for the strip/street either- my car is what it is at all times- drive it in, run it, drive it home. Every one of my cars has had a crowd of people around it after a few runs saying "your car is the most impressive car here- you drove it in, ran it and I haven't seen your hood open once" :). Anyway, this got long quick.
Joe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.