Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished rebuilding a 66 tri power unit and installed it on my 67 400 the other day. It was a beautiful Pontiac blue inatke manifold and then one drive around the neighborhood turned the exhaust crossover painted areas brown and paint blistering...man you talk about being pissed!!

No one wants to pop the hood on a sweet tri power setup and see brown blistered paint.

What do I have to do to prevent this from happening short of blocking off the crossover passages?

·
Former Super Moderator
9,919 Posts
Even with a block off plate it will still get burned. Above the center exhaust ports the head gets the same way.
That's what makes me mad about some of the guys at the shows, they say the cars are daily drivers, but then you look at the intake and it looks brand new, you know dang well they aren't driving the cars! :rolleyes:

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
It's the nature of the beast. Like blue head pipes on a hot motorcylcle. Like gray hair. Like scar tissue. Like well-worn slippers. If you drive your pontiac, the paint will burn right off in those places. I doesn't bother me a bit.
Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts