Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was concerned that disconnecting the plug and removing the assembly would trigger some kind of trouble light in the dash. Fortunately, it does not -- so I'm yanking that thing outta there just as soon as I can fabricate a factory looking piece to cover the area the current plastic housing occupies. FYI.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Good luck to you. The configuration of that package shelf . . . not good. I have yet to find a good way to clean the glass surrounding that enormous hump covering the CHMSL. Every time I look in my rearview mirror, I see all the cloudy, smeary crap in those tight spots that I just can't get at.

The steep slope of the rear glass looks awesome from the outside, but on the inside it makes for the tightest space I've ever seen in a car interior. I've had almost nothing but hatchback cars (Firebird, Corvette, Camaro, another Corvette) for years, so this fixed-window arrangement is new to me. Can't say that I like it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.