Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having my 67 GTO painted. The Original was red. The previous owner went with "General Lee" orange. I'm going Fathom Blue. This will be a slightly better than driver quality paint job.

Besides the door jams, what in the interior is painted to match the exterior?

Is there anything else I should do while the windshield and interior is out?

thanks

Pictures would be great.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
The interior depends on your interior color. the forward part of the dash, where the speaker is, should be flat black.....the rest depends on interior color choice. Eric

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
I agree. None of the interior is painted body color. The top of the dash is O gloss, the rest of the dash, steering column, and the tops of the doors and interior panels, as well as A-pillars are a semi gloss.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I bought the car the previous owner had bought all new interior black on black still in the bags. So I will use that.

Instg8ter: I like what you did. I think I will go that way.

A friend suggested that I go to car lots and look at colors on a whole car instead of just the paint samples in the books. I am looking for a really dark blue that looks black at night but not purple. I was looking at (don't hate me) Nissan's 2010 Navy Blue Paint code RAB.

It's pretty close to this picture I found on line. Don't know who's car it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
nice color, i believe (Gack) Ford has a real nice midnight blue with a very fine metallic on it's new vehicles. That would look good with the black interior. Just swirl grind the bare metal and clearcoat....your avatar looks sweet...:D

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
KJK: Go to the Ultimate Pontiac GTO Picture Site. You can go to "66" and then "dream car picker" to see a large number of '66's in all sorts of colors, so you'll know how it'll look. I think you're gonna like Nightwatch Blue (almost black) or Blue Charcoal. Both look killer with a black interior.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts