Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in the midst of getting a black m6 6.0L and i want to get it into the twelves...but low twelves, how do i get this done...what are the best mods for this other than a head and cam package or blower...anyone know? oh and what is the best sounding exhaust on the six liters? thanks

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I'd say that you definately should roll the fenders. Get some 275 DR's for the back. Add drag bags to the rear springs. Headers, an intake and a tune would net you solid mid 12's. On a cool day with good air you might get a lucky break and hit a 12.2, but to consistantly get into the low 12's you have a choice of 4 things. 1) lose weight 2) heads and cam 3) forced induction which will probably get you into the 11's 4) nitrous which will also get you into the 11's.

I've squeaked a couple 12.18's and 12.19's out of my LS2 powered C6. It has 285 tires for more traction, a tune, an intake, and is 500 lbs lighter than the GTO. I'm thinking that you would have a hard time getting rid of 500 lbs, so you are going to need 50 more hp or some combo that has less weight and more power.

·
Registered
122 Posts
im in the midst of getting a black m6 6.0L and i want to get it into the twelves...but low twelves, how do i get this done...what are the best mods for this other than a head and cam package or blower...anyone know? oh and what is the best sounding exhaust on the six liters? thanks
You wouldn't happen to be from C-Bus would ya?

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Well to answer your question to get into the low twelves will requre you to gain about 100-150 hp. I use the 100hp/sec method, theres other factors involve also. Your talking about a 37xx pound car the advearges around 13.5's so you would have to loose/gain whatever alittle more than a sec. But to do that(because you ruled out heads, cam and FI) you'll need to do some bolt ons, tune, DR's, maybe NO2, maybe weight reduction, maybe drag bags, and drive well.
Can't anwser your exhaust question the sound is personal preference, imo.

·
Registered
122 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Yo, K & B (bluhaven) why don't y'all chime in on this one? Kev you just ran a 12.2X didn't you? If I remember correctly all you guys have are Kooks long tubes, resonator delete, a Vigilante stall converter (I forget what the stall is... 2800?), drag radials on light weight drag wheels and a tune (35X rwhp, 34X rwtq?). Oh and the most important mod... one hell of a driver. And no I'm not talking about the man of the house. I'm talking about you, Lead Foot. :cheers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont want to spray, im not a fan of cheater gas...i will probably do the head and cam package...i was just wondering what basic bolt ons, a rear end, and a tune would do...ill get it figured out i hope...oh and what are the widest tires that can be used on the gto...thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
i dont want to spray, im not a fan of cheater gas...i will probably do the head and cam package...i was just wondering what basic bolt ons, a rear end, and a tune would do...ill get it figured out i hope...oh and what are the widest tires that can be used on the gto...thanks
Since I trimmed the lip of the fender I've been able to run '93 Vette wheels (17" x 9.5" with 56mm offset) and 275/40 MT E/T Streets with no problems. Also I have drag springs and drag bags to help fight the squat under hard launching.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts