Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was love at first sight! I got distracted for a wink by an intriguing triple white 66 convertible, but when it came down to it, this hardtop coupe was the one for me. The Creative Workshop in Florida completed a frame off nut and bolt restoration between 2002 and 2004. It's still in their photo gallery but looks stock now. The owner who restored her had it built the gills. Unfortunately the original motor threw a rod shortly after the build and that engine was scrapped. He bought a date correct WT 389, had it built to spec this time and that's how she sits today. Since the restoration 10 years ago, the car has seen only 2400 miles on it, and less on the 2nd engine. It changed hands one time to a friend of his about 4 years ago.

With all respect to those in New York City, and no offense, but I rescued her from a local burrough where I don't think she was ever driven over 50mph and then it was in traffic on crappy roads. Now it enjoys open country roads and lots of room to flex its muscles.

So it's a 389WT with a Carter 4bbl. The heads are 093's and it breathes through ram air exhaust manifolds. It's the M21 close ratio with Auburn 3.90 gears. It's a runner but in need of some TLC and fine tuning. There's a disc brake conversion with drums in the rear.

I was going to wait to get a better backdrop for pictures but WTH! I will get some better ones up soon. Here's a few.

Loving my GTO and glad to be a part of the Pontiac family!

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Sorry if I should have posted this elsewhere in the forums. I know some forums will nuke you for posting in the wrong place or not searching the topic before you post.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! I bought it in Staten Island from the friend of the guy who had the restoration done. If that is where you grew up then it's probably a great place. The test drive was hell and pulling it out on a trailer across the bridges and through Newark was scary! It doesn't show in the pictures but I call the color blurple. It's a base deep blue with a purple hue that comes out depending on the lighting. It never looks the same depending on lighting and angle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts