Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a thread titled "Performance estimates for the '05 GTO", there is a link to a site that estimates the price of the '05 GTO to be $32,795. Is this realistic considering the addition of the LS2 engine, hood scoops, "true" dual exhaust (dual exhaust exits on opposing sides of vehicle)?

I would think it would be more expensive than that, especially since that is the same price as the '04 just about.

Red_Wing_2121

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't think its out of line for a couple reasons. First, GM didn't sell many LS1 GTO's for $33,190. So I doubt they are about to significantly raise the price of the vehicle. The dual exhausts exiting both sides is not a major cost investment for GM. No more materials are used, just new bumper molds and different exhaust bends. The hood probably costs a little more, but not a ton. The LS2? I don't know if it costs more than an LS1 to produce or not. However, since the C6 Corvette has a cheaper base price than the C5, it cannot cost that much more.

I'd say the estimate is in line, and I'd also expect rebates/incentives early on in the 2005's life too. The extra 50 HP and cosmetics are nice improvements, but I do not see them changing GTO's fortune if price remains at MSRP without rebates.

·
Registered
185 Posts
my dealer told me that buyers were looking at the 36,500 to 37,000 dollar range based on the price of the LS2 motor. I learned this in a heated argument over the price of the 04 goat i bought. i told him that why would people buy the 04's when they know that the 05's were gonna have 400 hp and a ram air hood. he then informed me that theywere also gonna be about 3 grand more than the 04 models

·
Registered
77 Posts
$24K - Yea right. What kind of car do you get for $24K today? Not much

The loaded Mustang sells for just under $30K. So, if they could stay around this, that would be a good price point. Realistically, it will probably sell for around $33K.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts