Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys Im New To Forum.looking To Get 04 Gto Auto.been Reading That Some Are Gettingnew 04s For 24-25k.have Read Gm Giving Dealers 5000 To Get Rid Of Them.priced One 20 Miles From Home For 27700 Plus Taxes.in Md Same Car For 24695 Plus Taxes.is Some Dealers Not Getting The Money Back? Im In Va Would That Make A Diffrence? Also Found Used 04 Auto For 24k Can Get Better Apr Rate On Used One. Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
nosam said:
Hey Guys Im New To Forum.looking To Get 04 Gto Auto.been Reading That Some Are Gettingnew 04s For 24-25k.have Read Gm Giving Dealers 5000 To Get Rid Of Them.priced One 20 Miles From Home For 27700 Plus Taxes.in Md Same Car For 24695 Plus Taxes.is Some Dealers Not Getting The Money Back? Im In Va Would That Make A Diffrence? Also Found Used 04 Auto For 24k Can Get Better Apr Rate On Used One. Thanks

Just guessing, but the MD dealer probably reported the car to GM as sold back in '04, took the $5K and now have the opportunity to discount the car heavily. Only problem being that the warranty counter starts when the car is reported sold.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
410 Posts
After 04 rebate was shut down on 3 January, all dealers were given a $5000 credit for every GTO they had in stock. Thus lowering their dealer invoice/cost. The ealers got $10,000 for every Chevy SSR. some dealers are not giving the total $5K to the customers because they can say if you don't like the deal on an 05 he can sell you an 04 for less and pocket some. Some forum members have reported that dealers short on 05s are actually marking up 04s above the MSRP out west.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
talked to dealer agian today came down to 26300.can get 04 with 2k miles 24k only thing 6 months of warrenty gone.need someones input . new vs slight used. does anyone think better deals on 04s in next month

·
Registered
56 Posts
With $5,000 to the dealer from GM, I think GM's shot their wad on the '04. Deals will vary by dealer and that's it. If 26,300 is plus tax and tags, then if you add in the 5K, that's pretty close to what original invoice was on the car. A better deal depends on finding a dealer willing to go into holdback on an '04 that's been in his inventory forever.

Good luck. :)

·
Registered
674 Posts
About 7.5k off sticker with no GM card bonuses is about where we were in December. Some got about 8-8.5k off sticker plus the GM card bonus.

I got the 5500 rebate, plus 2300 from the dealer, some got about 3300 from the dealer. Then there was the 5000 GM card kicker.

It may be better to lease an 05 because of the higher residual and lower interest rate.

I got about 10k off my 01 Aurora this time in 02, but unfortunatly had to buy it. I wouldnt buy a new GM car again, too many problems with the service dept. Better to lease it and decide after three years if you want to be married to the vehicle.

I just had a magnetic drain plug installed in the GTO. If there are minimal pieces over the three years, I will probably buy it. If I don't like what I see, I can give it back to GM and in reality get 16,600 for the car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought mine in Chicago this past weekend. I offered 24,500 but was refused. I ended up trading my 92 Vette in on it to get a better deal. On paper they figured 25,500, but got more for the Vette than being offered to sell it outright. The $5000 dealer kickback is still on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.