Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 Torid Red GTO with red and black interior, I have had this car for about 5 years, it is automatic with a few minor upgrades and about 133,000 miles on it. I have the chance to trade for an 06 manual Quick Silver with black interior and 93,000 miles. My question is; the trade will leave me owing about 9000 so is the added HP and the joy of a manual transmission worth the extra cost?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have an 04 Torid Red GTO with red and black interior, I have had this car for about 5 years, it is automatic with a few minor upgrades and about 133,000 miles on it. I have the chance to trade for an 06 manual Quick Silver with black interior and 93,000 miles. My question is; the trade will leave me owing about 9000 so is the added HP and the joy of a manual transmission worth the extra cost?
Don't think so, no. The 2006 is valued at only $2600 more than your car according to Kelly blue book, which isn't always right on but gives you an idea anyway that it's nowhere near $9000. Unless that 2006 had a lot of mods done, which a bank cares nothing about, I'd look at some more cars. For $9000 you could swap transmissions and add HP to your car or at least do some really nice upgrading to it. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So...I took it home for the night to decide and found that it needed a new drive shaft because the carrier bearing rubber is starting to tear...(as luck would have it I just happen to have a solid one piece drive shaft from thedriveshaftshop) and went back the next day with pictures and talked them down to 13,500...they gave me 6,500 on mine and threw in a Ford dealer warranty on it that's good for 3 years or 36,000 miles from the date and mileage of my purchase so I just couldn't say no!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts