Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
minus the "GTO" part of the grill, is it wrong to use one in a 67 lemans? reason I ask is it seems to be fairly difficult to find a 67 lemans front end.

just curious what you guys would say. :confused

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Nothing wrong with that unless you are going for the original look of a Lemans. It is a better looking grill than the Lemans grill in my opinion.

·
Registered
81 Posts
For a resto, obviously the correct grille would be the way to go, but for your driver that you want your way, make it how you like it. If you find a good lemans grille somewhere, you can always put it back on there!

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
putting GTO grilles in my 66' Tempest custom with the original PONTIAC badge (see avatar), they look much better and its an 8 bolt switch to go back to original if you find lemans ones, plus the lights finish off the front end look and the wire weave of the 67' is ICONIC, people are still copying it....make it yours.

I am also using the 66' Lemans full chrome flutted tailpiece with the crescent lights...i think the best looking rear end treatment of 66-67', even over the GTO's...:D

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, so next question, how can I get the whole thing, the baskets, lights, chrome trim everything for the GTO front end minus the bumper and headlights, and rings

best place to get the whole front pretty much. and what am I looking at spending on all that?

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
putting GTO grilles in my 66' Tempest custom with the original PONTIAC badge (see avatar), they look much better and its an 8 bolt switch to go back to original if you find lemans ones, plus the lights finish off the front end look and the wire weave of the 67' is ICONIC, people are still copying it....make it yours.

I am also using the 66' Lemans full chrome flutted tailpiece with the crescent lights...i think the best looking rear end treatment of 66-67', even over the GTO's...:D

:agreeYou're right, the "wire weave" of the 1967 GTO shows up all the time, such as in the G8 GXP and Cadillac CTS-V.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts