Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the looks of K&N's CAI, but I wish Volant and Green Filter offered systems so I could do some comparing. Are there other choices out there, or is K&N basically it?

B

·
0 Posts
This is a LOT like the old LT1 intake style on the f-bodies.......wonder when they will upgrade to something like the LS1 intake? and draw air from in front of the radiator?

·
Registered
273 Posts
search around for install tips i believe there are a couple of treads to help out!!
and most of all enjoy it, i'm sure you will :cheers

·
Registered
498 Posts
Boo-yah

ModBoss2 said:
Thanks for the help, guys! :D

Just ordered it. I liked the K&N, but it just didn't look right with the K&N logo that they're too proud of, imo.
AWESOME. You're going to love it. Take your time on the install and it'll turn out awesome. There are some picts in my gallery if you'd like to see.

Enjoy :cheers

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pennsylvania Goat said:
AWESOME. You're going to love it. Take your time on the install and it'll turn out awesome. There are some picts in my gallery if you'd like to see.

Enjoy :cheers

Thanks. Don't know if I can wait until the 29th! I looked at your photos. That's a good lookin' install and a really good lookin' CAI, isn't it? ;)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Dang, I wish I saw the LPE prior to ordering my K&N.......I was not impressed with the underhood sealing the K&N had. There are lots of openings to pull underhood heat into the filter. The LPE looks like a much better open.

B

·
0 Posts
hence why most members went with it. :)

We should start a sticky called "1st mods for the goat" so people know what is worth spending their money on.

·
Registered
344 Posts
ModBoss2 said:
I like the looks of K&N's CAI, but I wish Volant and Green Filter offered systems so I could do some comparing. Are there other choices out there, or is K&N basically it?
I hope so I bought K&N, Liked everything about except Fit. Lousy fit hard to clean filter and lets too much hot air in! Thats just me, Im gna fab somthing. I switched back to stock

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Holden said:
I hope so I bought K&N, Liked everything about except Fit. Lousy fit hard to clean filter and lets too much hot air in! Thats just me, Im gna fab somthing. I switched back to stock
From what I'm told, Lingenfelter is about the best choice. Mine should get here on the 29th or before.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I installed a K&N on my Mustang a few years back. Although it provided a noticable amount of more horsepower, I don't think the computer was able to compensate properly for it. The engine became jerky and ran rough. Also, I started having problems with my idle air valve.

I think the LPE is the way to go as it looks like a good fit. Has anyone had any similar experiences with the computer not adjusting to the additional cold air properly?

Also, stupid question, but an air filter did not void the ford warranty, I assume a LPE does not affect GM's warranty either, correct?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts