Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased an 05, and knowing that they changed motors from 5.7 in 2004 to the 6.0 in 2005, are they going to give us the 7 litre in 2006.

Sorry if you have allready addressed this topic, I'm new to the boards. Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
C6THIS said:
I just recently purchased an 05, and knowing that they changed motors from 5.7 in 2004 to the 6.0 in 2005, are they going to give us the 7 litre in 2006.

Sorry if you have allready addressed this topic, I'm new to the boards. Thanks!
I think it's unlikely you'll see a 7.0 litre in the GTO, for various reasons. For an engine, I doubt you'll see anything better than the 6.0 the GTO has now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
yes the GTO will never get more than the base vette.

however, enjoy while it lasts.. things happen in cycles.. its the way of the universe.. Do you see parallels with the HP wars of the late 60's climaxing in 1970 with 428 cubic inch monsters ??!! Well our support of isreal brought that to a screeching halt with the OPEC oil emargo in 1973.. Here we are.. china's and the worlds demand for oil is pushing up gas prices at the same time US car companys are just starting to really up the ante with big HP cars like the new mustang, goat and the incredible Z06 with 500 HP. soon the car manufacturers will put a stop to producing such large displacement high HP gas guzzling motors due to lower demand.. mark my words.. welcome to pinto's and mustang II's... AGAIN! [email protected]#$%&* well skys are not all dark.. I believe the fuel cell is very promising.. why wasn't more research/development on alt fuels done after 1973 when the US found out the Saudi's had us by the balls!? perhaps becuase the big US oil companies AND the saudi's were linning the pockets of our policy makers.. think about it... I know this is more political.. but I would like to hear gear heads thoughts on this issue..

any thoughts?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm guessing no major changes for '06. Major changes will be in '07, when they switch platforms.

·
Registered
156 Posts
geerhed said:
yes the GTO will never get more than the base vette.

however, enjoy while it lasts.. things happen in cycles.. its the way of the universe.. Do you see parallels with the HP wars of the late 60's climaxing in 1970 with 428 cubic inch monsters ??!! Well our support of isreal brought that to a screeching halt with the OPEC oil emargo in 1973.. Here we are.. china's and the worlds demand for oil is pushing up gas prices at the same time US car companys are just starting to really up the ante with big HP cars like the new mustang, goat and the incredible Z06 with 500 HP. soon the car manufacturers will put a stop to producing such large displacement high HP gas guzzling motors due to lower demand.. mark my words.. welcome to pinto's and mustang II's... AGAIN! [email protected]#$%&* well skys are not all dark.. I believe the fuel cell is very promising.. why wasn't more research/development on alt fuels done after 1973 when the US found out the Saudi's had us by the balls!? perhaps becuase the big US oil companies AND the saudi's were linning the pockets of our policy makers.. think about it... I know this is more political.. but I would like to hear gear heads thoughts on this issue..

any thoughts?
Dude B I N G O. I agree. Time will tell.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Geerhed, You nailed it. I've been saying this exact same thing for years. There's still way too much oil in the ground that has to be sold!

As far as the goat. Maybe a few cosmetic changes & maybe a few more ponies from the 6.0 LS2.

Next gen GTO in my opinion should have a 6.0 HD version with 455 HP. I'd buy one & get rid of my doggie '04 M6.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.