Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Is this a good price?

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  st3 
#1 ·
Went looked at a yellow M6 '04 GTO today. After a little talking they said $26,500 was their lowest offer. I don't think this was a bad price, nor a terribly good one. I am going to call a few other dealers on monday but finding one with a manual doesn't seem that easy. I'm not particularly fond of yellow or red either. :eek:

What do you think these should be going for, new of course.

#2 ·
To be honest I think $26,000 will probably be the lowest you can negotiate; makes one wonder how they can justify the additional $5,000 funny money they were offering for the GM Roundup prior to the end of the year?!?! Not much help but just some insight of what to expect.

#3 ·
I am looking at an 05 wondering what kind of dealership options are out thier, also as I am a fomer pontiac owner ( 1970 firebird formula, 1972 gran prix) I am glad to see some real H.P. from this car brand again. Is it possible to fit a much wider rear tire set up than uis offered from the factory? And what about after market stuff like a blower?

Im hoping that Ive found a car that my wifes toy wont kick my a"" in. For her b day in 2000 I purchased an S 2000 for her, now dont get me wrong I am not an import fan however after viewing some the post here and looking at the numbers as compared to the S and some of the times Ive posted with it I think I gonna need at least some bolt ons to stay ahead of her little rocket any insight and or help in this would be great.

So what can buy from the dealer as add -on's out of the box, and what sort of good mods do you suggest? Thanks Rino Rob

#4 ·
st3 said:
Went looked at a yellow M6 '04 GTO today. After a little talking they said $26,500 was their lowest offer. I don't think this was a bad price, nor a terribly good one. I am going to call a few other dealers on monday but finding one with a manual doesn't seem that easy. I'm not particularly fond of yellow or red either. :eek:

What do you think these should be going for, new of course.
here in rhode island alocal dealership slapped on these gaudy stupid chrome rims onto an 04 red automatic... they hung the marchmadness thing in the window saying price was 34000 but is now 26000 including the dealers chrome wheels... so it seems to me you telln them put the stock wheels back on there and ill take it for 25000 or im walkin... seems to me they desparately want to get those 04's off their lots... balls in your court but if you wait too long you'll pay the big bucks for an 05...

#10 · (Edited)
deezdad said:
what the??? how?
It has almost 7k previous miles on it, the car is mint. There was another in my area with 700miles for 24,500. So i had the ability to talk to them down or walk, and i let them know about the other car. They didnt wanna lose the sale when they have a lot of cash infront of them. They gave me a 6 year 36,000mi warranty too. I guess you can call me lucky.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.