Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
GTOAA 04-06 Technical Advisor
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy at work asked me if this was a Judge. It is sitting on a dealers lot. The on-line ad has the VIN listed. I know the 04-06 and the 67 but not the 70. I see it has no emblem on the dash but not sure if that rules it out.

but I do know you guys will know.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
You can't tell by the VIN. The PHS document will identify it as one or not.
As far as the glove box emblem I saw no holes. The emblem had 3 stems that attached via clips inside the golvebox cover. Being there is no holes could indicate this is a clone without the 99.00 emblem or the glovebox lid was replaced and the emblem was not attached. Many clones I have seen the glovebox emblem is missing.

The PHS document will tell the story.

Take a look at the engine... Look for the ram air. Are the hood scoops painted black? Judge in 70-71 they were painted black. I blew the picture up and did not see ram air decals on the hood scoops.

·
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I told him to contact HPS. Not my car, not interested in buying it so I am not spending the money. I was hoping someone could spot something.

There are more pics but they really dont show any more. Back seat, inside of door, etc.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Just looking at the pics there are some inconsistencies but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not real. An engine bay pic would help. However the PHS is the ticket.

On a side note: CONGRATS on your chapter getting chartered GTOAA!

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
One of the tell-tale indicators of a 70 Judge would be one larger heavy duty trunk lid torque rod on the left side of the trunk to handle the added weight of the spoiler.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I was under the impression that ac was deleted on the Judges.

Looks like a vent above the air controls in the pic.

Also, no emblem on the glove box door.

Where is the ram air knob?

PHS documentation is the only fool proof way to go.

I'm married, so I have been wrong before.

·
Registered
436 Posts
run the phs on the car to see if it is a real judge,also like above the torque rods in the trunk that hold the trunk is heaver for the wing.

·
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PHS - I KNOW, PHS - I KNOW, PHS - I KNOW.

If you read the beginning, not my car, it is on a dealers lot. Guy came to me because of my GTO connection and wanted to know if I could ID the car as being a real Judge. Not my area of expertise, I am the 04-06 guy plus I have had a 72 and 2 67s. Never a Judge. I was just hoping someone "might" see something from these pics that are from the online. Of course, my first comment to him was PHS.

For you guys who pointed stuff out, thanks, I have turned it over to the guy who asked.

and thanks on the Chapter congrats. Took me 3 years to accomplish that. Whooo-hoooo. Now we can start doing some shows.

Now, ask me some 04-06 questions.......

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Has anyone mentioned PHS yet???!!! Seriously, he needs to get the documentation. I would have the guy tell the dealer he needs the vin to get he PHS doc. If the dealer says he can't do that, there's a very good chance it's not a judge. On the otherhand, if the dealer says go for it, there might be a good chance it is.........

·
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
The Installed Options was kinda curious. Were they installed sometime after purchase? One would have to wonder. No mention of Ram Air. I would think if it had it, it would have been mentioned. Ram Air is a big deal..... Clone? I know I would be skeptical....

Installed Options:
Accent Stripes
Dual Exhaust
Rear Spoiler

Thanks for the additional info.....

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
It's NOT a Judge.

The price was a dead give away, so is the ad.
I called to verify, for that money if it were real I'd be on my way to get it.

Sales guy did tell me its a matching number car. I'd still question that. Cloning out a matching number car will devalue it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
in response to the a/c option on judges,the only time a/c was not offered was if the car was a ram air 1v motor.that was for the judge and non-judge.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts