Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished installing new RR shocks and springs in my 05 all was a breeze until I set the car back on the floor and remeasured. To my surprise all measurements are identical before and after the switch. The kit was a 20mm drop kit and like I said it went in like a breeze. The new springs are 2inches shorter than the stock I took out. Could my OE have been that bad that it was already a 20mm drop? lol Any thoughts?
Thanks

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
20mm is 3/4". It's uninstalled height doesn't matter much as the spring rate on the new ones are probably higher and ya it could easily have been that low to start with. IMHO a 20mm drop is perfect

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Just finished installing new RR shocks and springs in my 05 all was a breeze until I set the car back on the floor and remeasured. To my surprise all measurements are identical before and after the switch. The kit was a 20mm drop kit and like I said it went in like a breeze. The new springs are 2inches shorter than the stock I took out. Could my OE have been that bad that it was already a 20mm drop? lol Any thoughts?
Thanks
Sounds like your OE springs were pretty bad to begin with.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the feedback. I went with Eliminators from Lovells. Due to weather conditions haven't had her out yet. I'm sure the OE springs where shot car has 64,000 on it and original owner never changed a thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts