Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
:cheers Aaahhhhhh the sweet whine of a supercharger......I want to hear mine!:willy: Nice valve covers and breathers...custo or store bought? What radiator are you running? Eric

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:cheers Aaahhhhhh the sweet whine of a supercharger......I want to hear mine!:willy: Nice valve covers and breathers...custo or store bought? What radiator are you running? Eric
:cool:cool I guess to say it sounds strong would be an undestatement.....
Thanks guy's, it's been a long time since I've been able to hear that sweet whine. Makes it all worth it for sure.

It feels real strong, need some more fuel before I can shake her out. I think it sounds a lot tamer on the video than it does when I'm sitting in it, although it was in the garage.

The valve covers are cast aluminum that were polished and then I had them plated. The breathers are from Kieth Black and are for funny cars and dragsters and meant to hook to some #15 AN line to the headers. I just cut off some K&N breathers and stuck em on.

The radiator is an AFFCO for a Chevelle, it's aluminum with stamped tanks and was like $200 new, it works great.

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
a little more.... Turn it up to 11 for the full effect. :cool

That's 2 1/8 Hooker SC's with 3 1/2" pipes and Hooker Aeroflow muff's. All straight with turndowns :willy:. Don't really get any fumes in the car and you can talk at 70 mph cruizing in 5th with the 4:11's. :D

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I too am drooling.. I want, really bad! Is your rear tubbed/mini tubbed? How wide are you tires, can they hook?
Tires are MT ET Streets 12.5 wide (non tubbed) with about 11.5" of rubber on the ground.

Can they hook? I dunno yet... I actually spent a lot of time researching wheel tire combo's and the day after I put them on I dropped a valve after doing a full pass on a local road. I was slowed down to about 25 mph and getting ready to turn around when the car started making all kinds of noise. It was a big bummer.

The tires still have the tits on 'em.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts