Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, adding a new young driver crushed my insurance with the GTO on the policy. Did a lot of thinking, and just sold it to a local dealer.

I'm sure it's one of the nicest new GTOs on the planet, but things change and you have to do the responsible thing. That was the most amazing car I've ever owned - by many miles. I hope it goes to a good owner.

If you're in the Chicago area and looking for an amazing GTO, you should message me for details.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Sorry for your loss. My brother in law sold his cars when his kids got to driver age. I was lucky, kinda, divorced and ex had daughter on her insurance, so I got to keep my HP cars. That's why we get empty nester mid life chrisis cars..

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... it's crazy what they pull. By the time I can get a serious car again, I'll be in my 50s.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Without the GTO, 80 more a month... with GTO, it was 240 more until they sent me the policy for this year, and it's 300+ more. No tickets or anything, just a young driver under the same roof. I had it on low mileage coverage, and even park coverage would only lessen it a bit. I don't know how they come up with this, but it's really crazy.

I could have changed the policy, but as soon as you change it you know something's going to happen. I changed my homeowner's policy from 500 deductible to 1000 after 14 years of nothing happening, and that year I had three claims.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts