Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my dad was 18 years old, he acquired his dream car: a 1970 GTO Judge. He kept it as his baby all these years. He recently decided to pass it down to me, his only son. It arrived this morning. The legend continues. 'Tis a beautiful thing.

More significant restorations will happen as the money comes in future years, but for the time being, new tires and rebuilding the carb will be the first things. I appreciate this forum. Thanks guys.

Picture attached. Doesn't the Prius look scared?

Attachments

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Welcome! I guess the Prius saves more dead dinosaurs for the Goat eh?

How bout' some more pics' of the Pepper Green GTO?

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
What a neat family heirloom! I would make sure the mechanical's are up to snuff and enjoy it as is. Restoration would "erase" much of the unique history and character the car has earned over the past 42 years. Love the Pepper Green/stripe delete. Strong but subtle. You are a lucky dog, indeed!!!

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Forgot to add, but as a side note: I was downtown in Fresno last week (Jury Duty) and saw an all original, Pepper Green '70 GTO...not a Judge like yours, just a GTO. Original paint, a bit faded here and there, but not a dent to be found. A survivor. It had a mint dark green interior, 4 speed, console, and factory AC and 8-track player. The shift pattern was worn off of the black original shift knob. It was clearly a well maintained, original daily driver. Had rally II wheels and splitter exhausts. A very interesting car I had never seen before, and being used as transportation, on the streets, as intended. It made my day!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts