Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today is my birthday, however its a frustraiting one because I have a few issues left over from my GTO being broken into last month! ANY help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Ok here is the deal, I had the car broken into and the drivers side window was smashed in. The remaining damage that was no big deal to my insurance company is a nick in the leather on top of the air bag on the steering wheel. Also glass impact scratches on the front windshield and that black plastic panel in the center console closest to the windshield. Does anyone know how to replace an airbag cover and remove scratches from glass or the plastic???? I just want my baby to be perfect again! :confused:

Travis

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also....has anyone used the Perelli P-Zero Nero all season tires on the goat?? How do they handle?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any ideas where to get a replacement airbag cover with out going through a dealership?

Any ideas how to fix those scratches on the plastic in the center of the dash?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dealership told me that the air bag cover is not replaceable separate from the air bag itself, is this true?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Happy Birthday Travis! :party:

If the airbag cover can't be replaced seperately, then how do the guys that run demo cars remove them from the cars, I know they don't explode them. They do that after they remove the bag from the car.

You might check out a forum for demo cars, if you don't find anything let me know. My son hangs with a kid who does demo cars, I'll have him ask how they remove the bags. Once you know that secret then I would think you could then replace the cover.

I'm watching this thread about the scratch in the dash, I wanna know this too. I have a small scratch that is hardly noticeable to anyone else and it is on the lower and outer side of the glove box cover. I thought about replacing the cover. But if I can remove the mark then I may try that first.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I Am Sure You Could Also Order The Plastic Panel For The Top Center Of The Dash, But Why Not Order A Gauge Pod Panel With Color Matched Gauges To The Dash? Turn A Disaster Into Something Good! If Not, Go To The Auto Parts Store And Buy Some Plastic Polish Used For Convertible Rear Windows. If The Scratches Are Not Too Deep It Should Work.

Also, Unfortunatly, A Lot Of New Goats Are Being Wrecked By Kids Driving Them. Try The Salvage Yards And Also Ebay For Used Airbags, Center Dash Cover, Etc.. You Will Be Surprised As To What Is Availabe From Wrecked Gtos.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
The airbag requires a special tool to remove it. There are 4 holes on the back of the wheel. When the tool is inserted into the 4 holes the bag will pop forward. MAKE SURE THE BATTERY HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FOR AT LEAST 1 MIN BEFOR REMOVING THE BAG!:cool

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks alot guys!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.