Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first started posting here I had stated that the GOAT was the wifes car and I had to be stuck with the older car. It was fine by me cause she should have the newer, better car anyways. I finally started driving the GOAT everywhere and she would complain about me driving her car, so on 8 Jan 2007,I bought her this. Now...the GOAT is mine!!!:party:

Hear is a picure of both in the garage. They get along so well!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
When I first started posting here I had stated that the GOAT was the wifes car and I had to be stuck with the older car. It was fine by me cause she should have the newer, better car anyways. I finally started driving the GOAT everywhere and she would complain about me driving her car, so on 8 Jan 2007,I bought her this. Now...the GOAT is mine!!!:party:

Very Nice..... a G6 and a Cavalier. They do look good together. :cheers

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How does the GTP stack up against the GTO.
No where near as fast but the GTP has some balls that's for sure. A little work and I think it would be in the 2005 GT territory. Plus being FWD, I'm sure I wouldn't have near the loss as the rear wheel GT. With the manual shift auto 6 speed, you can shift when you want to get better performance. On dry pavement I can spin the tires in first al the way to redline. It also has the T/C like the GTO plus it has stability control. It actually works and keps you in a straight line when you start to slide (I tested it in the snow). It is very comfy and nice. I like it better as far as features and ride but the all out "pin you back in your seat" performance of the GTO cant be beat. The GTO interior is nice as well but it's like comparing apples to oranges.

I paid around $6,000 less for the GTP so the lack of power is compensated by the interior layout. More rear leg room compared to the GTO, nice for getting two boys in and out.

Here are some pics of the G6. Here is the G6 forum where I talk G6 stuff. I go by the same login. Not much offeres for it yet, at least the 3.6L. Intake, exhaust and I think a custom tune is it for now. That should put it in the GT's world.

·
Registered
67 Posts

That's funny my ol' Lady has the red one...You're right they do get along quite well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts