Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I'm proud to finally be the owner of a nice new goat. I just picked up my 2005 Black GTO with the SAP earlier today, so I thought I'd make my formal hello to these forums. I also however have a couple of questions to ask of anyone who may know... the first of which is completely innocent ;)

1) What cars, with all stock performance parts, can you think of that can out accelerate the 05 goats. As far as I know it takes something in the league of the new C6 vette or better, but if anyone knows of something else that can compare also share the info please :D (like how does the Cobra do against the 05 GTO) I mostly want to know this so I can brag to my friends and make them more jealous of what I have.

2) Anyone know of somewhere I reliable I can get nitto's from for a good price?

Thanks much in advance guys. I've been reading these forums for awhile and you all seem to be really helpful and nice, so I decided to make myself known. I'm really happy to be a part of the GTO family and hope you'll have me!

:party: :cheers :party:

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
RiceEater said:
Hey guys! I'm proud to finally be the owner of a nice new goat. I just picked up my 2005 Black GTO with the SAP earlier today, so I thought I'd make my formal hello to these forums. I also however have a couple of questions to ask of anyone who may know... the first of which is completely innocent ;)

1) What cars, with all stock performance parts, can you think of that can out accelerate the 05 goats. As far as I know it takes something in the league of the new C6 vette or better, but if anyone knows of something else that can compare also share the info please :D (like how does the Cobra do against the 05 GTO) I mostly want to know this so I can brag to my friends and make them more jealous of what I have.

2) Anyone know of somewhere I reliable I can get nitto's from for a good price?

Thanks much in advance guys. I've been reading these forums for awhile and you all seem to be really helpful and nice, so I decided to make myself known. I'm really happy to be a part of the GTO family and hope you'll have me!

:party: :cheers :party:
Maybe you should have asked, "What stock vehicles, within the same price range as the GTO, can out accelerate/perform the goat?" Now that's a hard question to answer :confused . Or maybe it's easy to answer because I don't think there are many that can... if any at all.

Congrats on your goat. :cheers

·
Registered
136 Posts
I hung with a Mitsu Evo VIII or VII on a back road. He could not loose me and we were pushing the F#$% out of our cars. The only problem i saw with my goat was the brakes would heat up QUICK. It would have been a problem if we went futher than the 10 miles. It was fun as hell and he was shocked. Im not that good at launching in the 1/4 mile, still learning how to do it right. But i have been trained in driving, and i can drive the crap out of a road course.

Oh i forgot... the EVO was modified, dont know to what extent, but it was not stock thats for sure. Poor guy was driving so hard, he was spit'in blue smoke from his tail pipe...but maybe turbos do that.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, so basically there isn't much in our price range that can beat us... and even then we can give some more expensive cars a run for their money if I'm interpreting this right?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got mine (after a good deal of bargaining) for $28,000, and the full SAP bought and installed for $2,500. Have a very good and friendly Pontiac Dealership in my area.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.