Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cruising down Fairfax County Pkwy in Northern Virginia which is 2 lanes each way when some headlights came bearing down on me and then he passes by me. It was the Jaguar XKR (supercharged) Would'nt you know the next light turned red and we were side by side. He was with his girl I guess. I was not sure if he was going to take off or not, but he did and pulled a car length on me. He was still ahead until I pulled to the top of 3rd and I left him easily.

The light caught us again, but this time I was behind him because a car was in the right lane. He guns it again and the result was the same! So this time I slow up to give him a thumbs up and the *** would not even look over at me. I just start laughing out loud so he can hear me. We get to the light again side by side and he trys again! This time it was no contest!

I can Imagine that the conversation with his girl went like this:
"Hey honey, watch what 80k of British engineering can do to this GTO."
HER>That car is really fast? Who makes it?
HIM>I was not even driving as fast as I could, watch this!"
HER>He just passed you again for the 3rd time!
HIM>I did not get a good takeoff
HER>snickering.............
HIM>At the end of the day it is still a PONTIAC!!
HER>At the end of the day you just had your a$$ handed to you. We could have saved 50k and remodeled the family room you jerk!

ME: LAUGHING!!!

·
Registered
937 Posts
dcgoat said:
I was cruising down Fairfax County Pkwy in Northern Virginia which is 2 lanes each way when some headlights came bearing down on me and then he passes by me. It was the Jaguar XKR (supercharged) Would'nt you know the next light turned red and we were side by side. He was with his girl I guess. I was not sure if he was going to take off or not, but he did and pulled a car length on me. He was still ahead until I pulled to the top of 3rd and I left him easily.

The light caught us again, but this time I was behind him because a car was in the right lane. He guns it again and the result was the same! So this time I slow up to give him a thumbs up and the *** would not even look over at me. I just start laughing out loud so he can hear me. We get to the light again side by side and he trys again! This time it was no contest!

I can Imagine that the conversation with his girl went like this:
"Hey honey, watch what 80k of British engineering can do to this GTO."
HER>That car is really fast? Who makes it?
HIM>I was not even driving as fast as I could, watch this!"
HER>He just passed you again for the 3rd time!
HIM>I did not get a good takeoff
HER>snickering.............
HIM>At the end of the day it is still a PONTIAC!!
HER>At the end of the day you just had your a$$ handed to you. We could have saved 50k and remodeled the family room you jerk!

ME: LAUGHING!!!
That is so awesome! I blew off a guy in a Mercedes S500 who thought he would prevent me from getting in front of him while I was in a merge lane, we were both stopped at the red light. Yeah. That didnt happen. His Merc was badged with the V12 on the side, and the thing sounded like a friggin jet engine going to full power when he nailed it. I couldnt even hear my car (pre-muff delete) but it didnt stop me from squeezing in front of him at the merge. I had the windows down and I stopped short at the next light so he would be next to me in the 2nd lane and the guy wouldnt even turn his head to look at me. $hit brick. He could at least have given me the satisfaction of telling me to pi$$ off his his best German accent.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good Kill!!!!
I love German cars, but some of the German import drivers are so arrogant. It's as if they cannot be beat. Anyone can be beat by almost anything! I actually wish that I would have raced him with a 4 cylinder STI or EVO. Props to the GOAT nonetheless.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Well, yesterday on the 410 loop, I was in the center lane, just loafing along at 65. In the left lane, a few cars back was a C4 Z06. He slowly caught me, then passed on the left. No big deal so far. Up ahead of me, traffic was slowing, so I moved over behind the Z. As we passed the slower cars, he moves over and backs off a little bit, until he's side-by-side with me for a short time. I'm only at about 350 miles so far, so I,m not ready to play just yet. Besides, I already know the outcome. I maintain my speed and end up about three lengths ahead of him, and my exit is coming up, so I move over to the center lane. He had moved to the far right lane, but was still three or so back. I had an idea he was up to no-good, so I stayed put. Sure enough, he pulls a ricer fly-by. I just let him have his fun, then politely took my exit. Did he really expect me to challenge him? :confused

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.