Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am trying to replace my headers but currently i can't afford a set of long tubes and i was wondering if i would get about the same amount of horsepower gains if i went with the jba headers shorties which are smog legal and the mid pipes they sell.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the main reason that i am looking at the shorties is that i live in souther california and smog is an issue for me. would anybody know if there are any smog legal long tubes, i asked this question once but got no reply.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I wish I had gotten a dyno before/after I put my shorties on. So far, that has been the single best mod I have made. I noticed an IMMEDIATE increase in throttle sensitivity and power (especially above 3500rpm).
I really don't know what it would feel like to get LTs put on, but I really can't imagine it being better than the way the shorties felt. I've found in the past that it takes about 20-25 horsepower to be able to *feel* a difference in your car...which leads me to believe that I picked up at least that much. Unfortunately, I cannot prove it since I didn't get my dynos done, so you'll just have to take my word for it.
Now...people HAVE proven that the LTs can give you up to 30 horsepower, so if you want the maximum performance, you really need to go with the LTs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.