Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey anyone and everyone,

Thanks to fellow herd member Devils3023. I have made yet another purchase!:rofl: The JHP Sport Gauge Pod in red, updated font, and oil pressure gauge in PSI.

If anyone has any technical advice on installing these please let me know. I have been told that the lens scratch easy so not to touch them. Some installations I have read about on old posts said they installed within twenty minutes without pulling radio or cutting any plastic inside of where the pod sits. My build date is Sept. '05 so hopefully the guys who put my goat together did the same and taped the plug in an area easy to access by hand or using a coat hanger to fish it up.

Also read to wrap some electrical tape around small screwdriver to pry up lid on dash where pod will snap in so that nothing will get scratched. Just the word prying gives me the chills.

Anyway, I guess it takes time for them to ship from the outback, so no matter what kind of pod that any of you had installed, any tips would be greatful.

Thanks,

Chris:cheers

Ps. hopefully it will look like this when done:

http://www.jhp.com.au/jhpgto/InteriorAccessoriess/JHPGPodInCar-h.jpg

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind. I couldnt wait and went to the garage this afternoon and popped off the lid on the dash. With the help of Devils3023. The lid came right off with ease and whala! There sat the plug and play on the right side of air duct. I fished it out with coat hanger and taped it to top of duct and is ready for installation. JHP contacted me today and said Gauge pod would be in hand in 14 days. Thanks anyway everyone.;)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Nevermind. I couldnt wait and went to the garage this afternoon and popped off the lid on the dash. With the help of Devils3023. The lid came right off with ease and whala! There sat the plug and play on the right side of air duct. I fished it out with coat hanger and taped it to top of duct and is ready for installation. JHP contacted me today and said Gauge pod would be in hand in 14 days. Thanks anyway everyone.;)
:rofl: Your so dam lucky!!! My plug was buried that even w/ my whole dash apart during the stereo install they still had to go looking for the harness. 14 days!!! :willy: Man, I ordered mine back in july and they were so backordered that I didn't receive them till september. 14 days!!! You are one lucky $#@&*!! ;) Anyway, glad I could help bro lemme know when they come in and the install will literally take 30 seconds when they do. Just pop the lid, run the plug under and up through the back left corner, plug it in and snap it down. :party: Can't wait to see some pics. :cheers

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got an email today, they will be dispatched in 24hrs. I guess that means shipped. The cost is high, but I am sure worth it from what I have seen. Devils3023 looks good. Around $485 upgraded font, color, and oil pressure in PSI. I get some pics when she is installed Rukee. Thanks all. Excited!:willy:

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lookey lookey!!! They are on their way!:willy:

Hello Chris

Your SG order with matching red dials is being dispatched today with
Australia Post economy air (allow 7-14 days delivery). There is no tracking
details for this shipment, we only receive confirmation of delivery.

Regards

Geoff Thuring

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm kicking the idea around of getting one with red gauges with updated font as well.

I'm just having a hard time with the price.
It is a bit expensive, but it looks great and its specifically made for our rides. Thought I'd pull the trigger on it before they become unavailable in the future. The GTO is now going anywhere and I plan on keeping her so it was a wise purchase in my book. I'll just take a hit on my beer money and not purchase any more mods for a little while. I doubt the prices will ever drop, so if you plan on buying it there is no time like the present. The only thing you would be wasting is time and why not enjoy it now rather than later!:cheers

I will let you guys know when it comes in and how the finish fit is. Ill take a couple of pics.

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You guys are lucky, for the 05-06 GTOs its $450 shipped, for the 04 GTO its $629 shipped :confused
That would make it too steep for me as well. That sucks. :eek:

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The JHP Pod came in last week before heading to Richmond VA. After putting the goat up for sale, today I finally went ahead and installed the pod. It took me less than five minutes. It looks great. The camera flash is a bit bright. When I get a chance to take some pics outside Ill repost some.

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
I have had my JHP's since I bought my GTO in 2005. Yeh, the price is high, but I have not regretted it. As a friend said, when it comes to cost: Cry once when you buy or cry every time you turn it on.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Here are some reasons for the JHP pod.... notice the poor edge fittings on the following.....

Banshee

DMS

Sorry, but I couldn't live with those gaps. Call me anal retentive, OCD... those just look too..... "Taco" for me. (if you live in Socal, you know what I mean)

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here are some reasons for the JHP pod.... notice the poor edge fittings on the following.....

Banshee

DMS

Sorry, but I couldn't live with those gaps. Call me anal retentive, OCD... those just look too..... "Taco" for me. (if you live in Socal, you know what I mean)
The pics with the red gauges looks nice, I could live with that. But the pod does look as if they needed to mak ethe piece smaller or something to keep it from buckling up in the middle. Yea there is nuthin' like the JHP. I guess u pay for what you get.

·
Registered
585 Posts
It is a bit expensive, but it looks great and its specifically made for our rides. Thought I'd pull the trigger on it before they become unavailable in the future. The GTO is now going anywhere and I plan on keeping her so it was a wise purchase in my book. I'll just take a hit on my beer money and not purchase any more mods for a little while. I doubt the prices will ever drop, so if you plan on buying it there is no time like the present. The only thing you would be wasting is time and why not enjoy it now rather than later!:cheers

I will let you guys know when it comes in and how the finish fit is. Ill take a couple of pics.
I have had one for 2years. Even the dealership likes it. It is one of the best upgrades I have done. Enjoy

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dang. I thought the price was a little steep but then again i didnt notice that it has the harness underneath the dash already. Definetly using that stimulus check for the gauge cluster

1 - 20 of 35 Posts