Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Ok,be nice here :) My car is done like a Judge, it is not though because it is not an option listed on the build sheet.
Question, was the Judge option ever done at the dealer? Mine is really nice with all the details, and is seems very original. I do not care either way because I just drive it, you know. Thanks GTO people, Shane

·
Registered
445 Posts
yousaygo said:
Question, was the Judge option ever done at the dealer?
No, the Judge option was not available as a dealer-installed option. I'm sure that there were dealer-installed stripes and rear spoilers on some cars, but the entire package would be extremely expensive to do (consisting of the complete Ram Air engine, Ram Air hood and package, grilles, etc.).

Nothing wrong with a good-looking clone as long as you correctly represent it. Enjoy it and have fun with it!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Are you sure it's really not a Judge...? It hasn't been popular or cost effective to build fake Judges until the last 10 years-or-so, and your car appears to have had the Judge configuration for a very long time. If it's a numbers-matching Ram Air III and if the trunk lid has the heavy duty spring bars for the factory-installed rear spoiler, the car may be real: I've seen factory build sheets that did not list the Judge option specifically, but had all the Judge items on it individually. Does your build sheet show all the Judge components individually (i.e. stripes, spoiler, Ram Air hood, Ram Air engine, etc)? My '71 Judge build sheet does not call The Judge package "The Judge." It lists it as a "Performance Package."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts