Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GMS Pricing with additional rebates is what I am being informed of from a Sales Manager that I am working with for an '05 Yukon.

Sorry if this is old news...

·
Registered
674 Posts
Just spoke to my dealer about the rendezvous my wife is interested in that has a MSRP of 39,900 with a resid calc of 40,900.

He was selling it to me yesterday on a smartbuy at 200 over invoice or 35978.

The price went down $1300 to 34,677. The rebate and hot button went from 2250 to 1000, so the cost is down a net of $50. The residual stayed at 60%, but the interest rate went from 4.5% to 4%.

Bottom line in NY where tax is 8.75% and I dont use GM card earnings, a trade or anything else, the payment on a 36 month smartbuy goes from about 470.84 to 452.85

Bottom line out the door price is about 36,779 now vs about 36,944.

the excel spreadsheet i designed is pretty accurate, but not to the penny.

I wonder how it will work for the GTO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
gto leasing

Hi, my name is Cristina, I'm hoping I can become a gto owner soon. Down here in florida theyre not selling pretty well, but it's a car I really like. I don't know if any of you have leased it or purchased it. But im getting offered 623/month for 3 years, which is way off my limits.
Just wanted to know if you guys are paying this much or am i being ripped off...
thanks!!!

Cristina

·
Registered
674 Posts
jontyrees said:
Yikes! A Rendezvous is $35K ??!!! How much is a comparably equipped Oddyssey or Sienna? Guess I haven't priced people-moving vehicles lately.
same$. MDX is 40, RX330 40, all the same when you get leather, sunroof etc.

they get 2k for the 3.6 motor instead of the 3.4 motor.

Cristina,
a payment means nothing.

what are they selling the car for, what is the sticker, what is the residual, the tax rate? tax is 8.75% by me, what is it by you?

cant analyze the deal without the facts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
cristinaggm said:
Hi, my name is Cristina, I'm hoping I can become a gto owner soon. Down here in florida theyre not selling pretty well, but it's a car I really like. I don't know if any of you have leased it or purchased it. But im getting offered 623/month for 3 years, which is way off my limits.
Just wanted to know if you guys are paying this much or am i being ripped off...
thanks!!!

Cristina
Christina,
What annual mileage was that for ? Do you have to pay tax on top of that ?
I was quoted something similar at one dealership for 20K miles/yr.

I ended up getting one for 511+tax at another dealership (36 mo. 20K miles/yr.)
I remember the quote being somewhat less for 15K/yr.
It being the end of the month may have had something to do with it...

Now, the dealer has another one (silver stick black int) if you can't find one @ that price locally....

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
cristinaggm said:
thanks!!!

Cristina
Hi Cristina. I'm not sure what part of Florida your in, but the GTO'S do seem to be in short supply here. I still got mine with 1500 plus the rebate off. I put 10k down and ended up with a buy of 385 month. I'd think you could get a buy for the 611 per month, and a lease for less with no money down.
Good luck.

·
Registered
674 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
Tom, try to look at a leftover 2004 Cadillac SRX with the Northstar V8. Dealers out here were knocking $13K off the sticker before this new GM program kicked in. Got a chance to drive one -- and it's a really nice car.
Found two on buypower. both with msrps of 49190. called both. one has a deposit, the other is almost a local dealer. he will "let me have" the car for 41k. GMS on the car is 44!! for three grand I will smartbuy an 05, wait, for that money i will lease an MDX!!!!

thanks for the idea. you cant smartbuy/lease an 04. and the residuals on the 05s are 5% less than on the buick.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I just threw some numbers into the spreadsheet I designed. assuming they are using a 50% residual, they are charging you 12% interest.

how bad is your credit? if you have to pay 12% interest to buy a new car you should definitely think about getting something much less expensive and clean up your credit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
GM employee discount for everyone

Just got back from the local dealer ( Thorson Automotive, Pasadena, CA ) and every car on the lot had a new window ad inviting the public to take advantage of employee discounts. The sticker listed MSRP then the discounted price. They have 2 GTO's on the lot a yellow 6 [email protected] under 30 and a grey auto under 31 g's. :party:

·
Registered
72 Posts
It sounds like a good price. The Pontiac site says they'll discount the 2005 GTO to approx $30,979 MSRP, but they bumped up the GM APR to 6.25% for all loans. They'll still get their money in the end and it may spur some buying....That would be good. :cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.